“Great Service & Excellent Food”
Review of Cafe Valentino

Cafe Valentino
Ranked #27 of 1,051 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Benvenuti. Since 1991 Cafe Valentino has been one of Christchurch's favourite dining and drinking destinations, and it's easy to see why. Cafe Valentino offers superb food, an excellent bar and great atmosphere! Lunch at 3.00? Dinner at 9.00? No problem! Café Valentino is an all day restaurant. Enjoy a drink at the bar choosing from more than 35 selected wines by the glass, a superb range of local boutique beers and international beers on tap including an Italian selection. Or try a cocktail from our contemporary and classic mix. If you are a wine connoisseur try a wine from our 'Vault' collection which offers over 60 of New Zealand and Australia's finest wines including a great selection of our world famous Pinot Noir. Thirst quenched? Time for some great food! Try a pizza, the sort of pizza that only an Italian wood fired oven can produce, or try something from our pasta selection. Or perhaps one of our award winning New Zealand beef and lamb dishes. Since 1997 (except for 2012 when we were destroyed by an earthquake) Cafe Valentino has been awarded the coveted Gold Plate for New Zealand Beef and Lamb excellence. Finish off your meal with one of our delicious desserts, everything is made fresh daily on the premises. Our full menu is available on our website. We look forward to seeing you soon at Cafe Valentino. Ci Vediamo Presto
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We came by this place by luck as we were looking for a restaurant to have dinner after having a quick drink at an Irish Pub, where we thought we would have dinner at but did not look good at all.

The restaurant was packed, we were surprised to be seated straight away. The waiters were all very nice making us all feel very comfortable.

The meals we all had were fantastic, I had one of the specials, a ravioli with smoked chicken that I reckon should be on their menu constantly because it was the best!

We did not have a chance to try many other restaurants in Christchurch but if I ever come back, this will be my number 1 option!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We decided to give Cafe Valentino a try after it was recommended by our hotel staff. We ordered the Pizza Bread as an appetizer and without any doubt, this was the most delicious Pizza Bread we ever had no matter where we had any all over the world. It was so simple but yet so tasty that we could not get enough of it.
The main course and deserts are not bad either but nothing compared to the appetizer.

The staff was very attentive and friendly.
Parking is available all around the place.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten a couple of times in Cafe Valentinos while visiting Christchurch & it's amazing. Both their pasta dishes & pizza's are so tasty. Great value & the staff are so friendly. Go straight there for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I rocked up on a Saturday night with no reservation and the tables were fully booked. I would definitely recommend booking in advance because this place is popular. We were offered a high table near the windows, which we were pretty happy to sit at as the chairs were very comfortable for even people of 160cm height.

FOOD
Entree: Mussels and Scallops.
The mussels were fantastically done as well as the scallops, which had pieces of bacon on top. The bacon was not salty and quite a nice touch. I would definitely recommend the mussels if I were to choose between the two.

Main: Fish of the day & Linguini marinara
The fish of the day was a let down, not because of the cook I can reassure you but it was the produce itself or quite possibly the fish itself. I'm not from NZ and I don't quite remember the fishes name, it had quite a nice texture and it was very well cooked however, the taste was a let down because there was no taste at all! It came with vegetables and roast potatoes.

The Linguini Marinara was definitely the winner here. We chose the tomato sauce option over the olive oil type sauce. The dish was well balanced and not heavy. Servings were quite generous, possibly too much for the light weight eaters so it may become a burden to finish.

SERVICE:
Although the place was fully packed the waiters were very attentive and efficient. Very professional yet friendly.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really like the place. Very good options of Appetizers and Main courses, and the best, several different Beers and Wine. Excellent place to have a friendly dinner. Indeed I will return. Do not forget the desert, even the chocolate or the pudim are amazing..