“Good but not great”

Ranked #72 of 1,019 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We chose to eat here based on great reviews. Although the burgers were good, they were nothing fantastic, certainly nothing to write home about. We wouldn't make a special effort to eat here again. Pretty slow service even though it wasn't that busy.

There are newer reviews for Burgers and Beers

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Love the retro style of Cranford location. The service is always helpful and friendly . Always spotless. And I think the burgers are best value in town. $13.50 for a huge very tasty burger !

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is a fast food burger bar, which isnt always fast. The burgers are big and filling but fairly simple and plain. The chips and gravy are very tasty.
Seating was a premium when we went, but it was a Saturday night.
we were in an outside covered area, which was fine with the heater, but people kept opening outside door and it was cold. Juice and ginger beer was pretty pricey at $7.
However, for a cheapish burger it fulfilled our needs and was a cheaper meal than we would pay at many other fast food places.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I read about this place before I got to Christchurch, and after my first visit here I had to go back the two following days as well. I've tried three burgers; Bearnaise, Blue Cheese and Chicken - Pig. Outstanding, all three! Unbelievably delicious. Even though I'm filled up, I feel like I need one more after finishing the first burger. The restaurant is also really nice, cozy and with good ambience.

Coffee? They do have: "It's not too good - but it's free!", quote taken from one of the chefs. I think it is alright though.

If I ever go to Christchurch again, this will be my first place to go!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Big is good, says Levi from Mitre 10. Burgers and beers on Cranford is one of our local haunts and I particularly enjoy the huge super bugger burger - half beef half chicken. Juicy, moist and makes you dribble, it should be illegal. It's pretty casual inside and certainly not fine dining, more of a bar vibe. Highly recommended.