“Great Birthday Lunch for my son.”
Review of Styx and Stone

Styx and Stone
Ranked #119 of 1,051 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Took my son there for his birthday - just a quick lunch we said !! Also had my husband and our two youngest girls with us. Excellent meal, and wonderful presentation and service. Only minor prob. was the food took a long time to get to us, but once arrived it was worth the wait, as it was hot, nutritious, and really nice.

We will return and highly recommend to all - pricing was great too.!!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had a wonderful evening with friends and my German cousin who had never had a stone grill meal before. Really enjoy the surf and turf, the steak is superb and all the better for cooking it yourself.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Saturday night and the first time we had visited Styx and Stone. It was extremely busy (including a group booking) and also VERY noisy with a lot of people milling around the bar area, but we decided to give it a try. The staff were extremely friendly and co-operative and moved us to a table a bit further away from the bar area. It was a rather long wait to be served our drinks (15 minutes) but as I mentioned it was very busy and we were not in a rush. However, once we had placed our orders our meals came relatively quickly, and the waitress did come back and ask how our meals were. Well, they were excellent - we all had a stonegrill and couldn't fault the presentation and contents. We would certainly go back again, but would definitely avoid Friday and Saturday nights so we won't have to shout at each other.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Knowing this venue can be busy, my wife and I arrived early, around 6 pm. Both the Stonegrill and regular a-la-carte menus are very enticing. The portions were quite large, very atttractively presented and delicious. The service is good, but the waiters are farily busy, so don't have time to be totally attentive. The prices are quite reasonable and there seem to be specials most days. The decor is modern and the bar and dining areas are nicely integrated such that noise isn't a problem

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had our meal on New Year's and it wasn't particularly busy. Am struggling to understand how this place has had such great reviews. Having eaten here a year ago and getting a bad meal then including an inedible dessert which I refused to pay for, I had high hopes it would have improved. Our salads were old and limp with no dressing even though the menu said they would have. The food was bland and unappetising. Our water jar was filthy with brown scum and the water had bits of brown scum floating in it. My son's chip had a big black thing in it like charcoal which the waiter took away without comment. The staff were apathetic, uncaring and one in particular was rude and arrogant. We'll never come back and I suggest you don't either.

1  Thank luvbears