“Totally disappointing”

Christchurch, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Totally disappointing”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had our meal on New Year's and it wasn't particularly busy. Am struggling to understand how this place has had such great reviews. Having eaten here a year ago and getting a bad meal then including an inedible dessert which I refused to pay for, I had high hopes it would have improved. Our salads were old and limp with no dressing even though the menu said they would have. The food was bland and unappetising. Our water jar was filthy with brown scum and the water had bits of brown scum floating in it. My son's chip had a big black thing in it like charcoal which the waiter took away without comment. The staff were apathetic, uncaring and one in particular was rude and arrogant. We'll never come back and I suggest you don't either.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank luvbears

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Doha, Qatar
“Busy but good”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Sign of a good place to eat ? How busy is it….I know it was holiday time but this place was rammed. Great atmosphere. Excellent menu, we went at lunch time and the $10 was excellent value. I can recommend the burgers. One of our party had their signature dish served on a hot stone…… it was fantastic. Good selection of wine at a reasonable price. The service was a bit slow , however, that is a management issue. Owners get more staff to serve and more people in the kitchen. You have a very popular restaurant don't keep punters waiting to long.

• Visited January 2013
Colchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value for money food”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Check out the lunch time special offers. They do a great clam chowder. I would have scored it 5 stars but for the extremely noisy work Christmas party that was taking place while we were there. It was very hard to hear our fellow diners above the racket, but they seemed to be having a great time!

Visited December 2012
Rolleston, New Zealand
“Not a bad Experience”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Yes just a busy resturant food good atmosphere okay i would say this place gets busy later on in evenings, okay for a friday night meal, staff pleasant and polite,would go back

• Visited August 2012
Thank Barry and Mar... J
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked this resturant in late July or early August for our staff function in December. I booked the function room so we could also do presentations away from the usual noise of a resturant. In Nov I was called and told that the room was double booked and that we could not have it. I told the person who called me that I had booked it a while ago and was told that the other booking was done over a month ago. When I informed the person that my biooking was made earlier she suggested that we should meet and did offer me free drinks or something else if we wanted to change our date. I went to the resturant and meet with the manager who then changed her story and told me that the other larger group had booked before me and that the booking was not recorded correctly and that they would have the booking not my group. I was not happy that my booking was not able to proceed and so when I got back to work I complained via email to the resturant. Unfortunately the women who I had spoken to was the one who replied to my email and her reply was both short and unproffessional. I want to warn anyone that is thinking of booking this resturant to ensure that you have something in writing as I have heard that we are not the first group to have this happen to and the women that I dealt with is rude and arrogant.

• Visited December 2012