“Couldn't fault it.”

Ranked #15 of 1,066 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: King of Snake brings a new level of Asian dining to Christchurch. A timeless paean to Southeast Asian sensuality. King of Snake titillates Christchurch’s Victoria Street precinct with Tony Astle’s elevation of the the region’s tastes, textures and visuals in a casual, sexy atmosphere.King of Snake is a Restaurant and Bar located at 145 Victoria Street, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Seated at 6.30 out at 8pm without being rushed. Waitress Keira was a huge help in helping us choose which dishes and how many to have. Most meals are to share so 3 of us girls had 2 starters and 2 mains between us. We struggled to get through it all and a bottle of wine. So it makes it a cheaper night out. $140 between the three of us which was great. Lovely asian flavours. We're just visiting but would return next time we're in town.

1  Thank debraburton

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Had a great meal here last night. Stunning decor and a good location on what appears to be becoming the new Christchurch strip. Nice spaces and well broken dining spaces, wide range of seating from intimate to public - all good.

Menu which is on line to admire is wonderful, and the dishes we chose (3 diners) matched expectations. Great dishes, fresh, crisp, interesting neat flavours - as one would expect.

Service was (apart from she above) friendly, efficient and most professional. Drinks were quick and very well presented.

All in all, the food was great, most of the service excellent. The place is currently running 3 evening sittings, so something must be right!

Won't continue if supergrump out front doesn't get her act together. I hesitate to make such a criticism, but the three of us eat out a lot, and we all made the same observation- independently.

This is not cheap - people will expect better

Good Luck all

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Enjoyed dinner with a group of colleagues at King of Snake. The food was perfect for sharing - generous portions served in bowls, everyone found something to their taste and most people enjoyed a whole range of flavours and textures.

Unlike other reviewers, we enjoyed good service. The overall atmosphere was a little noisy, but was more buzzing than unpleasant.

1  Thank Deborah C
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have returned to Christchurch after a year's absence.
I am staying with family and requested to go back to King of Snake, which is just down the road from where I'm staying.
It is just as brilliant as ever - the flavours just POP in a big big way.
My son and daughter in law, and myself went twice in the last two weeks and we had the same thing every time, because the dishes were so very delicious - beef cheeks, dhal, tuna, tofu and rice to mop up the flavours - its a place for sharing.
I didn't have any dessert but was very tempted indeed.
All food just out of this world.
My daughter in law knows her wine and chose some absolutely wonderful wine.
I travel a lot but if I were to choose my best restaurant ever I would choose King of Snake for delicious flavours that do your mind in.
I'm leaving on 18th Feb - maybe I'll fit in another visit.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We have been here a few times and food has always been lovely with tuna salad being my favorite. I love the atmosphere and we have always had good service.