“Delicious Vegetarian Food”

The Lotus-Heart Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 991 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Lotus-Heart is dedicated to conscious living and healthy eating, striving to create a global cuisine naturally. We use the freshest ingredients, locally grown and organic where possible, pure vegetable oils and vegetarian cheese, and avoid the use of microwaves unless specifically requested due to time constraints. We respect and honour the choices and requirements of our customers and in addition to our pure vegetarian fare, we offer options for vegan, gluten-free, raw food diets, and are more than happy to cater for specific allergy needs. Children are most welcome and we have a children's menu and high chairs available.
Milan, Italy
“Delicious Vegetarian Food”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Generally speaking, New Zealand seems to be a country dedicated to meat, with few token concessions to vegetarian or began cuisine (dreaded Cesar Salads and veggie burghers abound). This restaurant however refutes the general trend and offers astonishingly delicious vegetarian and vegan food that tastes as good as (and perhaps better than) standard fare. I myself had an excellent bowl of Dal followed by a vegan sunflower seed burgher with a gluten-fee bun. It was utterly delicious. Also the shakes taste utterly delicious.

My only regret is that they are not open for dinner during week-days, meaning I cannot b go back before I leave.

Highly recommended even if you do not subscribe to vegetarian or vegan lifestyles.

London, United Kingdom
“AMAZING”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I can't believe how long it took me to come to this place. Having a number of food allergies and preferring to eat paleo, I saw on their website they had a selection of raw, vegetarian, gluten free and onion free foods. I thought it'd be worth a try. I took my sister and my boyfriend with me, both big meat eaters and my man is never keen for vegetarian food. It took us ages to order because there were so many options. Even I wasn't sure whether to try the superfood smoothie or the dosa with curry. I went with the dosa. It was so delicious. My sister had the nacho's and my man had the burger with vegenut pattie, he really loved it! We finished off with a raw cheesecake - yum! I loved it so much I took my niece and mum back a week later. I would recommend this place to everyone. Not only is the food great but you're surrounded by a great sense of calm as soon as you walk through the doors.

• Visited September 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great vegan burgers”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I often go for the breadless vegan burger, but they have nice curries, salads and desserts. A great selection of beverages too.

The spacious 2nd level Cathedral Square Old Post Office location was superb but, sadly, has been lost post-EQs. Lots of work has gone on at the new St Asaph Street location and it has a nice ambiance.

The lovely Lotus Heart staff are always smiling and welcoming.

• Visited October 2013
Mermaid Waters, Australia
“Yummy Food for Vego/Vegans”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Absolutely delicious vegetarian and vegan food, very reasonable prices, large serves. Ambiance was homely, calming with amazing food and spice smells wafting through the cafe. Service was great. The restaurant is in Tuam Street right now after the earthquakes.

• Visited September 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Lotus Heart a heaven for vegans (and everyone else)!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great Vegetarian and Vegan restaurant!
You have to try the Pizza and shakes!
has three shops inside:
music instruments where they explain about each instrument and you can play it (nice for kids), nature shop for herbs, teas, organic food etc and giftshop.

nice vibe and staff.
We were with non vegetarian\vegan friends and they liked it too!

• Visited April 2013