“Authentic and tasty”

Five Star Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #223 of 1,103 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Listed in the White Pages as "Five Star" but the docket from the EFTPOS terminal records the business as "Five Stars"
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We dined here with friends on a Friday evening. The place was virtually full when we arrived and also when we left a couple of hours later. We chose the set menu - 8 dishes for $28 dollars.
The variety of dishes was very good, tasty, and there was plenty of it. I can't comment on the wines offered because we all took our own.
The only caution is the speed at which the dishes were brought out. Ask for a pause between every second dish and you should enjoy your visit.

1  Thank WorldWideKiwi

Reviewed August 3, 2014

was feeling under the weather and enjoyed a takeout from this wee place, rare beef pho and some spring rolls - all good! yummy and fresh tasting! thanks

1  Thank Kym007intheBay
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Had the most amazing food at Five Star Vietnamese. We were a l;arge group, nothing was a bother and the banquet meal was superby. Even more than happyu to cater for a gluten free. Fantastic service

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Sat down and got served shortly afterwards. We ordered drinks and when the drinks arrived we then ordered food. My fiance got her food in a reasonable time but wanted to wait for my meal to arrive before she started eating. . Surprisingly they were not that busy. Shortly after that she called a waiter and asked where my meal was. The waiter came back with what looked like the boss and she said it would not take long as it took a bit longer to cook. Time went on and I told my fiance that she should start eating as her food was now cold. When she was nearly finished, she called a waiter and asked how long it was going to take to get my food. Later she came back and said they gave the meal to somebody else and that they would make another one. 15 minutes later still nothing so we decided that we should leave so we went to pay and left. We did not even get the dessert that we originally ordered. Very disappointed at the very bad service.

2  Thank Jasmine G
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Had lunch here just before Xmas and I really enjoyed it. Reasonably priced and the service was quick and efficient. The Beef and Mushrooms was really nice. I would eat here again.