“Great accomodation...great service...will be back...”

Eliza's Manor Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 141 Christchurch B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I travel to CHCH from Wellington weekly for business and because of the rebuild accomodation and good accomodation is in short supply.

This however, was by far the best accomodation I have stayed in Chch. The service was amazing. They really went above and beyond. I had just returned from a very long hard day at work and couldnt be asked to go out for a bite to eat given how tired I was. I had resigned myself to eating the left over nuts in my purse and an apple for dinner. However, Anne (one of the owners)fully took care of me despite the fact that they dont do dinner. Before I knew it they had brought me up a beautiful roast dinner and some apple pie. Honestly, it was the nicest, most thoughtful thing I have ever experienced in a hotel/manor/inn. They didnt charge me, it was just them doing what they do. The rooms were exquisite, beds comfortable and I slept like a log. I will definitely be returning to Eliza's.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at Eliza's for 2 days in the Butler Room and returned for another night in a much more elegant room KIng sized room...suited for royalty with a soaker tub!!. Both rooms were excellent in their cleanliness and unique styles. The home is spacious with a sitting room and garden where guests can enjoy their complementary drink. Breakfast was amazing in variety and quality. Ann was especially helpful with trip directions. My husband was not feeling well and Ann got us directions to a doctor, and took it upon herself to call our next booked tour to make alternate arrangements should we be held up at the doctor. Our stay could only have been better by staying longer!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Ann and Harold run this botique hotel as though it were their own home, and you were a special, long-time friend staying with them. Nothing is too much trouble, and they delight in giving you personal, yet completely professional, service. The place is Victorian, somewhat old-fashioned in appearance and furnishings, but warm, charming and welcoming too. Just like grandma's house! The personal touch of the owners is everywhere, from excellent whatever-you-want breakfasts, to a cup of tea in the lounge when you're weary, to a bar-b-que in the garden, if that's your pleasure. They do it all, cheerfully. It's a happy place, well worth a visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and it was our first experience of NZ hospitality. We stayed in the Masters room which was extremely comfortable. A superb shower but the sink was rather small. Ann and Harold were excellent hosts, who could not do enough for us. They seemed to genuinely enjoy the company of all their guests. They provided very helpful info re local dining and the house is very conveniently situated for access to the town centre. Breakfast was excellent and general ambience very good indeed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in the Maid's Room, a smallish room but quiet and comfortable. Nicely furnished. Ann offered to upgrade us to a larger room for our last night, but we decided to stay where we were. Ann & Harold could not have been more welcoming and helpful. They even gave us gifts when we left. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for one of the bigger rooms at the front of the house if available, but whatever you get is okay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Ann and Harold are welcoming hosts who are so kind and care about the comfort of their guests. I had been travelling in NZ for 3 weeks and Christchurch was my final destination before heading home. My room was comfortable and spacious. Ann and Harold offered helpful information for my stay in Christchurch. On my final morning Ann got up at 5am to see me on my way. The 2 breakfast's I experienced were delicious, especially the eggs benedict with smoked salmon and spinach - the best in NZ. I would definitely stay at Eliza's Manor again. Thank you Ann and Harold.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We booked Elizas for a function and stayed 2 nights as well. The room was fantastic and very comfortable. Many of our guests commented on the excellent food. The best thing about Elizas is the hospitality shown by Ann and Harold who worked tirelessly to ensure that everything ran smoothly. No request was too much.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple