“Nice getaway”

Eliza's Manor Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 136 Christchurch B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Lovely piece of Christchurch's heritage. So pleased it was restored AND it survived! How host for very accommodating and nice and friendly. Only too pleased to help us out of a pickle. She also suggested different places to visit. Breakfast was deliciious. Don't stay here if you have a fear of teddy bears - there's hundreds! Not withstanding the gorgeous stair banister, this place still has some way to go to making the decor sympathetic to it's age.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 9, 2012

arrived by bus at about 3 .30 pm thurday night stopped real handy to elizas manor on bealey i am an invalid so GREEN cabs driver unloaded all my junk and the ride only charged me 5 bucks for all this he knew the owners personally i staggered inside eliza (car sick ) on the way down from nelson. the welcome was genuine no worries strait to room to rest slept till 8pm all my junk was carried to my room which i appreciated nothing was a problem or a hastle for my stay great shower felt alot better downstairs and all the sign in stuff was accomp. no fuss sent to a great tai eating (map provided) place walking distance the walk done me good ate plenty for the money i paid . came back refrested and ready to sleep didnt hear a thing till the alarm at 6.30 am. another great shower downstairs big breakfast offered had the fruit as im still travelling Harold carted my junk to the bus stop for me in plenty of time to catch the bus to invercargill yes this service they offered me Ann and Harold they went the XTRA MILE and then some will be back Ann , Harold thanks for the great stay

Room Tip: the MAIDS room was great even a little snack if ya peckesh in the middle of the night
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Eliza1861, Owner at Eliza's Manor Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Very happy to be of help, glad you enjoyed staying with us.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

The property, room and breakfast were great. But what stood out was the very personal service provided by Ann and Harold. For newcomers to the country, this was invaluable - Ann was very happy to give us advice and information on all kinds of subjects that were unfamiliar to us. They even allowed me to send some files on their office computer - nothing was too much trouble. The perfect stay in Christchurch. Thank you. Joy Davies & Chris Green

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2012

It was disappointing that I was there for business and did not have enough time to really enjoy such a pleasant experience. Anne is an amazing host and makes you feel very cared for. The little touches are very special - to the history of the premises, the plunger coffee, the chocolate teddy bear and the anzac cookies. I will definitely return when I have time for a short break.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here for a few days while in Christchurch, New Zealand. I liked how different this hotel is from other places I stayed in up to that point. The house was lovely, with old feel to it, but comfortable and clean. Owners were friendly and always willing to help and recommend things (and I found this to be true with everyone in NZ), but Ann went out of her way to provide me with Internet, make my hair appointment and was just helpful in every way possible. Breakfast was wonderful. I would recommend this place to anyone going to Christchurch. It was a treat staying here - thank you!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Really nice, beautiful property that has been updated due to the earthquake. You get all the lovely woodwork, character, furnishing etc... of a heritage home, but you also get spacious guest rooms with modern bathrooms and individual heating and cooling units. Also, not to be missed is the best hollandaise sauce anywhere! The owners were very helpful in recommending things to do to get the most out of our short stay in Christchurch and also in helping with some of the rest of our travels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Glad you liked Eliza's. Yes, it is a fine balance between maintaining the heritage aspects and having acceptable modern facilities - thanks for your support.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My daughter and I started our New Zealand visit with a near arrest for her at the airport for having 2 apples in her bag! It was almost midnight, and we were exhausted. Ann from Eliza's had arranged a cab to meet us at arrivals, and Ann met us at almost 1am at the door - it was like coming home. We fell into the bed so relieved and reassured. the nest two days we had a wonderful flu breakfast that was so great we never had lunch! Ann made us dinner reservations, called to confirm our tours, and booked us massages. She met us every night at the door. The history of this B&B is so wonderful. We travelled on to other spots, hotels mostly, but felt "looked after" the most at Eliza's. If I didn't live a world away in Boston I would definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family