“Great value for money”

Airport Lodge Motel
Ranked #48 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We have stayed at this motel several times while flying in or out of nz. The units are very clean and comfortable. The free drop off and pick up from the airport is great and staff very friendly and helpful. For a place to stay close to the airport at a very reasonable price this motel is perfect. Not the flashiest on the block but clean and has everything you need for a comfortable stay. Only fault would be the heaters in all units we have stayed in don't work well - either on a timer for a short time or put out little heat. You can however get additional heaters at the office and if we were staying again this is what we would do. Pillows are also very thin but probably to some people's taste. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: July 2011
There are newer reviews for Airport Lodge Motel

Reviewed July 23, 2011

We arrived at midnight after a flight from Kuala Lumpur. We were picked up by a bright, cheerful driver who even drove us to the door of our unit which had heaters going to welcome us. Sure, the motel is a few years old, but they can't all be new! It was exceptionally clean, had tea/coffee making provisions and the staff were wonderful. We were returned to the airport the next day by the lady of the motel who was just a friendly as the man the night before, for our connecting flight, after being allowed a late check-out. We cannot fault the service or cleanliness of these facilities and would definitely return if ever in Christchurch again. Thanks for the hospitality.
The Norgrens of Coromandel

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Norgrens
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I make a reservation before we headed to NZ, since our flight arrived at near midnight, so I booked us for this motel. 8 people in a motel, and the value for money was worth it. After all, we needed the place to sleep and rest before we headed to the East Coast.

It is best if you have the motel number with you (Is toll free and you can called them through the public phone FOC) and they will pick you up from the 3 storey parking lots across the street (just a mere walking distance).

I was worry of the room condition as my cousins are still young, but it turned out all good, the warm blankets were functioning and keep them warm at the night.

The kitchen facilities were in good condition to use too, you could cook there.

The bathroom itself was in good condition and there is a plus for a heater in the bathroom.

It is a 3-min drive from the airport to the motel, but 30minutes walk. (we walked our way to the airport the next day to get our car rental, since the earliest hotel free ride to airport is 730am - of course it always depends on the guests that check out during the day)

Room Tip: Ask before confirm
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JolePei
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I had to stay overnight when flying through Christchurch, and ended up staying at the Airport Lodge Motel. After calling, I was quickly picked up by the owner, and taken to the motel, where I quickly checked in. Everybody was very friendly. The room was nice and clean, and very spacious. The next morning, I quickly checked out, and was taken right back to the airport. I recommend this for someone passing through. Food options are limited, though there are a few options given in the manual provided in the room.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank gittinsj
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night, due to our original booking not being available(earthquake). This was the only room they had left, which was a 2 bedroom/kitchenette style. Place was very bland, but they did have laundry facilities. Beds were comfortable & shower was good. nearest shop/place to eat was at least 20 mins walk away.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oysterman
Reviewed April 25, 2011

When we arrived at CHC after more than 30 hours of traveling, it was delightful to be picked up by a shuttle van (for free) and get whisked back to the motel in less than 10 minutes. The motel itself was a bit dated but the unit was clean, the bed was comfortable and we slept like rocks, which is really all we needed. We would have preferred to stay in central Christchurch but since the earthquake prevented us from doing so, this worked out just fine.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zinsu
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I stay at this motel regularly both when on business and when travelling on my own time. I have found the staff friendly and helpful on all occasions (over 30 nights now) I have stayed. The rooms are clean and quiet, surrounded by lovely gardens and a five minute drive from the airport. The rooms may not be the latest in fashionable decor but everything you need is there, everything works and it is spotless. I have also arrived at 12.30am on several occasions and the staff have left a key out and a light on in my unit so I can find it. An added bonus for me is that I regularly travel with my cat and they have always been very good about letting me have him in the unit (he is an indoor cat and does NOT have fleas!). I

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business