“Great food”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Have been to Pomeroy's a few times and always enjoy their menu. Very fresh food and lots of variety. Service was great and the staff very friendly. Nice selection of drinks and beer on tap. Plenty of parking and a lovely pub to visit.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Friday night at Pomeroys was the most amazing meal , I had the fish and it was outstanding . Keep up the good work team...... Also had some very nice Gin and Tonic !

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was recommended to us, and we really enjoyed it, great cheese fondue, they have a snack menu and a restaurant menu, also a large range of beer on tap .Staff is really friendly

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We visited Pomeroys for the beer but decided on a meal as well for lunch. Once we found our way by the side entrance we hit the bar and boy what a range of real beers. We then asked if we could have food and were told just ask when we are ready and we would be shown a table. We had a drink and were shown to a table for 2 and looked at the menu. I decided on the Pork Crackling as a starter and my wife the fondue. We also ordered the beer battered fish of the day and handcut chips with pea puree as the main. Thye starter came after not too long a wait and I was not expecting the mound of thin cut crackling on the plate with an apple puree in a small side dish. My wifes fondue also came in a bowl with a large amount of fondue with what appeared a small amount of toasted bread. I was in heaven eith my crackling (just worruied about the sound of me loudly eating the cracking crackling and my wifes fondue was rich and plentiful and amazingly enough the bread was sufficient. hen the mains came - again plentiful and tasty - great light beer batter and not the usual fish which was really tasty. We finished , my wife took home one of her 2 batterd fish home with her kindly wrapped in a foil parcel) and there was no way we could face a pudding as well.
Our verdict - definitely a place to visit again and take friends

1  Thank David R
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We bowled into Pomeroy's on a busy Saturday night, no booking for a meal and were told there would be at least an hour and a half wait, but if we were happy to have bar snacks - chips, nachos etc, they were able to do them much quicker. Great advice as we were hungry. And there was only a short wait for those. Staff were friendly and efficient. Liked it so much we went back Sunday night with friends for the proper meals, which were well worth going back for. Well done Pomeroy's