“Best Thai in NZ”

Thai Container
Ranked #35 of 1,075 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We are a relocated restaurant from the city due to the earthquakes. After the Earthquakes we managed to start up again this time as a takeaway with outdoor seating and making great use of a 40ft container which we converted to a 40ft Kitchen, Our Chefs are still serving restaurant quality food, at takeaway prices. We have a busy little spot so wait times can average between 5-15mins for your meal , txt orders are a good way to go on a wet day ... We look forward to seeing you here. Just remember when placing feedback ..If you have had a problem let us know straight away so we can resolve it, it's hard to be given a opportunity to fix things if you don't tell us.
Reviewed February 28, 2014

While there is no ambiance on picnic tables this busy street corner do yourself a favor and take meal back to hotel. During four day stay in Christchurch we enjoyed the "Container" food twice and after a month in NZ we both agree it was by far the best Thai or Asian cuisine we have enjoyed.

2  Thank 100nations

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Thought I would try the place based on internet reviews and wasn't disappointed. The food is absolutely delicious and at a reasonable price. Not excessive amounts of meat but plenty of fresh tasty and healthy veges that I don't mind at all. How the chefs get so much flavour into the curries is beyond me and I can't wait to get back to chch and return to thai container! Overall an innovative venture and the Facebook giveaways only add to the excitement!

2  Thank Michael_10591
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Hmmmm, not sure about the 'food ok, staff unfriendly' comment but hey each to their own. For my two cent worth, the food is pretty amazing, best in town, and as for the small portions (???) chicken green curry lasted me two mains meals!. Staff unfriendly (!) again not a problem I've encountered, rather the opposite in my humble opinion. My personal fav's fresh chicken spring rolls, the dipping sauce is great and chicken satay kebabs, the green curry is pretty amazing too! I ordered recently for a team lunch (about 8-10) and not a single complaint from anyone. Compliments to the chef all round!

1  Thank Ali S
Rene B, Owner at Thai Container, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

We love you all, and without your continued support we would'nt be here.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Thank goodness we live close by as we have to get our Thai hit nearly weekly. Food is always delicious and love that you can text in your order. Please please don't leave the area when you rebuild actually I love the container and caravan concept it's so quirky be great to see it stay for ever / sorry poor staff who must be working in very cramped conditions you do a brilliant job.

1  Thank SueS377

Thank you Sue, we will never leave you , and our staff thank you for your support , they put up with the cramped conditions only because they look forward to seeing you and your smile.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This place is amazing, the staff are always friendly, always helpful and the food is amazing. It doesn't matter how much I eat, my belly is always happy full because the food is made right with good ingredients. I recommend the number 40 if you want a cool spin on noodles or the Thai beef salad, its got a magically kick to it!
The only problem you will have is when you get stuck between 2 of your favs and you don't know what to do!
Best place for value for money and service with a smile.
In short, if they sold tshirts that said "I heart Thai container" I'd be the first in line to buy one.

1  Thank Kelly D

Thanks Kelly, we will carry on being as awesome as you , and continue to smash out the best Thai food in town. It's humbling to know that people care.