“Excellent”

Thai Container
Ranked #36 of 1,055 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: We are a relocated restaurant from the city due to the earthquakes. After the Earthquakes we managed to start up again this time as a takeaway with outdoor seating and making great use of a 40ft container which we converted to a 40ft Kitchen, Our Chefs are still serving restaurant quality food, at takeaway prices. We have a busy little spot so wait times can average between 5-15mins for your meal , txt orders are a good way to go on a wet day ... We look forward to seeing you here. Just remember when placing feedback ..If you have had a problem let us know straight away so we can resolve it, it's hard to be given a opportunity to fix things if you don't tell us.
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Hmmmm, not sure about the 'food ok, staff unfriendly' comment but hey each to their own. For my two cent worth, the food is pretty amazing, best in town, and as for the small portions (???) chicken green curry lasted me two mains meals!. Staff unfriendly (!) again not a problem I've encountered, rather the opposite in my humble opinion. My personal fav's fresh chicken spring rolls, the dipping sauce is great and chicken satay kebabs, the green curry is pretty amazing too! I ordered recently for a team lunch (about 8-10) and not a single complaint from anyone. Compliments to the chef all round!

1  Thank Ali S
Rene B, Owner at Thai Container, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

We love you all, and without your continued support we would'nt be here.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Thank goodness we live close by as we have to get our Thai hit nearly weekly. Food is always delicious and love that you can text in your order. Please please don't leave the area when you rebuild actually I love the container and caravan concept it's so quirky be great to see it stay for ever / sorry poor staff who must be working in very cramped conditions you do a brilliant job.

1  Thank SueS377

Thank you Sue, we will never leave you , and our staff thank you for your support , they put up with the cramped conditions only because they look forward to seeing you and your smile.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This place is amazing, the staff are always friendly, always helpful and the food is amazing. It doesn't matter how much I eat, my belly is always happy full because the food is made right with good ingredients. I recommend the number 40 if you want a cool spin on noodles or the Thai beef salad, its got a magically kick to it!
The only problem you will have is when you get stuck between 2 of your favs and you don't know what to do!
Best place for value for money and service with a smile.
In short, if they sold tshirts that said "I heart Thai container" I'd be the first in line to buy one.

1  Thank Kelly D

Thanks Kelly, we will carry on being as awesome as you , and continue to smash out the best Thai food in town. It's humbling to know that people care.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

The food at the Thai Container is always good and sometimes excellent. The prices are what you expect in a sit down restaurant so pricey as the serving sizes are not generous. Be aware of this if you are hungry.

The let down for the Thai Container is the attitude of the staff. They certainly could not be called welcoming or friendly which is a shame as this could be an absolute favourite otherwise.

1  Thank TravellerNZ61

I was there when you ordered with the young girl in the front, not only wer'e you rude to her but some of the comments you made wer'e inappropriate , my staff member was well within her rights to ask you to order rather than keep asking her for her number, I'm sorry you felt that her rejecting you was warrantable of a bad review, the food here is awesome and so are the staff, but the reason you came down was to pursue a lady who is simply out of your league.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

They really have risen to the challenge of overcoming adversity. This take-away restaurant now operates out of a shipping container and small caravan following the loss of their premises to the earthquake of 2011. Though it was sold to us as a take-away restaurant there were picnic tables with umbrellas over so if one did not mind eating on the corner of a fairly busy road one was more than welcome to do so. Certainly a number of the locals chose to actually eat at the temporary restaurant and it seemed to be very much a meeting place for the locals to meet and discuss their days. The food was excellent and there was a good choice of dishes. Despite how busy they were when we went for a meal we did not wait very long at all.

1  Thank Rose D

Thai container wants you to know that you are the reason we have big smiles, we really appreciate all your support.