“great service, fast food, DELICIOUS”
Review of Thai Container

Thai Container
Ranked #20 of 977 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Fast Food, Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a relocated restaurant from the city due to the earthquakes. After the Earthquakes we managed to start up again this time as a takeaway with outdoor seating and making great use of a 40ft container which we converted to a 40ft Kitchen, Our Chefs are still serving restaurant quality food, at takeaway prices. We have a busy little spot so wait times can average between 5-15mins for your meal , txt orders are a good way to go on a wet day ... We look forward to seeing you here. Just remember when placing feedback ..If you have had a problem let us know straight away so we can resolve it, it's hard to be given a opportunity to fix things if you don't tell us.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great service, fast food, DELICIOUS”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

as the Thai Container is only around the corner from where i live i decided to try it, as i don't eat thai much they had no problem explaining to me what was in the dish ended up trying the Chicken Peanut Sauce for only $12.50 it was delicious and worth the price and to top it off the meal was ready within 5 minutes, One of the best quickest restaurants I've been to, definitely going there again

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kristin C

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Christchurch, New Zealand
“been there once, and keep coming back!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This place has great food at an amazing value! wide selection of vegan meals with tofu and goodness. I went to Thailand many times, and I know what is the flavor of a real Thai food and this place certainly makes it taste like that :) So cheap too, most meals are $10. You can take them home or eat there outside. They make fresh springrolls just like in Chiang Mai!
I went there for the first time in October 2013, and now January 2014 I keep coming back.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Carla_M86
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“the best”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I would eat here every weekend, if possible. I love Good Food Thai Container. Love.

I really like the concept. You can pick and choose various dishes to share with your partner. Awww, romantic. The food is delicious and my favourite is spring rolls!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Dragana I
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great people...great food and good price”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I am a Christchurch local.... and a great lover of Thai food. I decided to give the Thai container a try. It was one of the best Thai food I ever had. Since then I have been a regular, trying their various curried and salads. The spring rolls stand out for me , its fresh and made with great ingredients. The customer service is also very good. Would highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ravs99
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Not the best Thai in town”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Visited for the first time and was disappointed. The service was not good. It was my first time here and the young woman was very pushy, trying to hurry me to order when there was no one else waiting. The food was greasy. I wouldnt go back again.

• Visited December 2013
Rene B, Owner at Thai Container, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
you must have us confused with another thai takeaway, im a male for a start and our food is far from greasy and as you will see below on all the other reviews yours is quite contradictory , so il assume your a jealous ex girlfriend or possibly even some kind of competition, never the less you obviously haven't eaten here, but nice try all the same