“New favorite”

Thai Container
Ranked #35 of 1,054 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: We are a relocated restaurant from the city due to the earthquakes. After the Earthquakes we managed to start up again this time as a takeaway with outdoor seating and making great use of a 40ft container which we converted to a 40ft Kitchen, Our Chefs are still serving restaurant quality food, at takeaway prices. We have a busy little spot so wait times can average between 5-15mins for your meal , txt orders are a good way to go on a wet day ... We look forward to seeing you here. Just remember when placing feedback ..If you have had a problem let us know straight away so we can resolve it, it's hard to be given a opportunity to fix things if you don't tell us.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My favorite Thai restaurants disappeared with the earthquakes and I have been searching all over the city for good and reasonably priced Thai food. The Thai container has yummy food and friendly and fast service.I come here regularly for lunch, usually ordering ahead by txt. Definitely found my new favorite.

1  Thank mcx_nomad

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Operating out of shipping ontainers this takeaway business on the corner of one of Chch's busiest roads this is well worth the effort of going to. Great food and friendly service, it's value for money.

1  Thank BelChch
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have tried Thai Container many times, and the food is fresh, affordable, delicious, but best of all the customer service is hands-down some of the best I've ever experienced. They are friendly, work hard to ensure you get what you want, are prompt and courteous (they even offered to bring the food to me in my car on a day that was a little chilly). The staff even went so far as to track me down on facebook to return something to me (with my name on it) that I had unknowingly left behind. I get the spring rolls every time and they are great, and I love the pad thai as well as their eggplant dish. Definitely check out Thai container. Be sure you have cash or EFTPOS as they don't accept credit cards.

1  Thank Aileen N
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Since finding this place my flatmates family and everyone I've taken here has been absolutely in love with the quality and fast friendly service. I'm not in the least surprised to see all the attention and awards this little venue is receiving. For my flat it is especially great to be able to get such great food on a student budget!

Also as local and a regular christchurch customers we'd all like to express our disgust at one particularly negative review from someone we know doesn't even go there and is simply being a nasty individual, feel free to ignore the dishonesty of their statement

1  Thank Gene M
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews, and taking into account less favorable reviews aren't always from other diners (something to be mindful of!) my wife and I decided to grab some lunch here before wandering around the central city. The food was fantastic, as was the service! We shared the fresh spring rolls & had a main each. It was all really nice and well priced. The only (slight) downside is it's open to the Bealy Ave traffic, but that didn't bother us. Brush fencing would simply carry on the theme of the place.

Definitely a relaxed placed to get a tasty, well priced meal :)