“Best food in Chch”

Thai Container
Ranked #29 of 1,033 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We are a relocated restaurant from the city due to the earthquakes. After the Earthquakes we managed to start up again this time as a takeaway with outdoor seating and making great use of a 40ft container which we converted to a 40ft Kitchen, Our Chefs are still serving restaurant quality food, at takeaway prices. We have a busy little spot so wait times can average between 5-15mins for your meal , txt orders are a good way to go on a wet day ... We look forward to seeing you here. Just remember when placing feedback ..If you have had a problem let us know straight away so we can resolve it, it's hard to be given a opportunity to fix things if you don't tell us.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We loved the beautiful fresh food, it was REAL food! The seating area outside was basic and just what we . We loved the inventive use of a container and the resilience of the Chch folks in the face of great adversity. A top place to eat but get in early.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is our local - we love it. The fresh spring rolls are awesome (and peanut free on request) and there are some innovative dishes on the menu. The Salmon Curry is fantastic.

The service is super fast, and on a fine evening, the alfresco dining is a win.

It can be a lucky dip though, in terms of the meat content... squid seems interchangable with chicken or pork? or last week, just wasn't there at all. If the meat you get is important to you, best to check before you take the food home!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Average Tai food cooked roadside out of a container. It was alright but it certainly did not match the hype from other reviews. Service was excellent and speedy.

1  Thank Caleb B
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Fresh rice paper rolls and dipping sauce to die for, wonderfully flavoured Chicken & Basil. But the Tom Yum vege soup was a wee bit bland. Quick and cheerful service, for cheap, tasty eats, you can't go wrong!!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was hands-down the best Thai I have had in years. I ordered the Lamb Massaman and it was totally amazing...I was worried when I saw the queue but it took only 10 minutes for my food to arrive...nice and hot and served with a smile :) I purchased some fresh chicken spring rolls while I waited and purchased another round for my niece...I am so glad I stopped in.

1  Thank GoodGuy255118