“don't know what is so amazing, but it's good”
Review of Thai Container

Thai Container
Ranked #36 of 1,055 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We are a relocated restaurant from the city due to the earthquakes. After the Earthquakes we managed to start up again this time as a takeaway with outdoor seating and making great use of a 40ft container which we converted to a 40ft Kitchen, Our Chefs are still serving restaurant quality food, at takeaway prices. We have a busy little spot so wait times can average between 5-15mins for your meal , txt orders are a good way to go on a wet day ... We look forward to seeing you here. Just remember when placing feedback ..If you have had a problem let us know straight away so we can resolve it, it's hard to be given a opportunity to fix things if you don't tell us.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

pretty standard fare. funky little food truck. people were nice. food was served quickly. just don't see why it's rated so highly. wouldn't go out of my way to eat there, but would eat there regularly if lived/worked close by.

2  Thank PENNsational

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Excellent, authentic Thai food and reasonable prices. On the same block as the Intercity bus stop. Nice picnic tables outside or takeaway. It was so good and convenient to my motel, that I ate there twice. Super Choice!!!

1  Thank Red_Betty
Reviewed March 31, 2013

A sea container made into a restaurant with outdoor eating area.
The large number of persons dining at this place was the first clue that it was a good restaurant.
The food was excellent especially the fresh Vietnamese style spring rolls and the ginger chicken. Friendly service at the counter, and you can eat at the outdoor tables or take away.
A surprise but welcome find.

1  Thank Cheryl K
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed overnight in Christchurch prior to starting a tour and the lady at the motel we stayed at suggested we try the Thai Container, which was close to our accommodation. Really enjoyed the food and prices were very reasonable. We thought it was very resourceful to cook food in a shipping container and server from a caravan!!

1  Thank Debbie D
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was quite surprised with Thai Container. I wasn't really expecting such good food from such place ;-)) Every time I feel like Thai Food I go there. I love it. Stuff is very friendly and easy going - not like in many other places in CHCH. Def my favorite food place in CHCH

1  Thank SZIKOSZA