“Delicious!”

Thai Container
Ranked #36 of 1,055 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We are a relocated restaurant from the city due to the earthquakes. After the Earthquakes we managed to start up again this time as a takeaway with outdoor seating and making great use of a 40ft container which we converted to a 40ft Kitchen, Our Chefs are still serving restaurant quality food, at takeaway prices. We have a busy little spot so wait times can average between 5-15mins for your meal , txt orders are a good way to go on a wet day ... We look forward to seeing you here. Just remember when placing feedback ..If you have had a problem let us know straight away so we can resolve it, it's hard to be given a opportunity to fix things if you don't tell us.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Excellent green curry chicken!!! Fast, super-friendly service and amazing value for a very reasonable price. Highly recommend!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

So my good friend and I were in Christchurch a couple of weeks ago and we grabbed some dinner at the this place after walking and biking around town. My Beef Massaman Curry was delicious, if not a little watery but my friend's Prawn Pad Thai was amazing!!! :) Good value Thai food from a cute little container, I'll go back for sure!

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Friendly service, delicious food, casual picnic atmosphere. Will definitely be going back to try more of the menu.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Thai Container is a must visit if you like Thai food. I had the vegetable spring rolls (perhaps best I've ever had because there are lots of vegetables and only a few fillers like noodles, plus the sauce is addictive) and the spicy lemongrass chicken (such great flavors). And it is totally reasonable...less than $20 total, which is hard for dinner in NZ!

I went there based on the Trip Advisor reviews and they were correct. Since I walked a long way to get there, I planned to eat at their outdoor tables. And since I suspected they did not have a liquor license I brought a bottle of NZ sauvignon blanc, which is perfect for Thai food. When I asked them for a glass, they looked a bit worried and said they would look for one--they found me a coffee mug (so nice)!!! So if you bring a bottle of wine with you, remember paper cups. Or just do takeaway which is the majority of their business. Also, they are super fast, so if you do takeaway, you will not be waiting long.

Now, for those of you still reading, I feel like I should give my Thai food credentials. I absolutely love Thai food so when I moved to a town that didn't have any restaurants I learned how to cook all of the Thai curries (green, red, massaman, and panang). I also experimented with 8 Pad Thai recipes until I had one I liked. Given that background, Thai Container is one of the best places I've ever eaten!

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Great tasting Thai food coming out of a shipping container and caravan.... we popped in here as it was across the road from our motel.... pleasantly surprised. Yummo summer spring rolls too.

1  Thank buds_nz