“Foody”

Thai Container
Ranked #45 of 1,099 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: We are a relocated restaurant from the city due to the earthquakes. After the Earthquakes we managed to start up again this time as a takeaway with outdoor seating and making great use of a 40ft container which we converted to a 40ft Kitchen, Our Chefs are still serving restaurant quality food, at takeaway prices. We have a busy little spot so wait times can average between 5-15mins for your meal , txt orders are a good way to go on a wet day ... We look forward to seeing you here. Just remember when placing feedback ..If you have had a problem let us know straight away so we can resolve it, it's hard to be given a opportunity to fix things if you don't tell us.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was recommended one of their specials called num prik something. It was amazing. I have never tasted anything this great before. The dish was a stir fry which came with a lot of different veges and any choice of meat. It was just delicious!!!! The set out of the place was very unique. Definitely worth trying!!! Highly recommended!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great location and easy to pop by after work. They do a great job. The fresh spring rolls are a particular favourite, I've been known to have them 3 times in a week! Also their pad thai is yum. Looking forward to trying more over summer as there are outdoor tables to eat at.

1  Thank Jo O
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This place is amazing. I have no idea how they serve such fresh, delicious Thai food from a restaurant made up of a shipping container and a caravan but they did, and super quickly. We waited maybe 5 minutes for our order if that. The service was great, as were the prices, and it was seriously some of the best Thai food we have ever had. If you're in Christchurch, make sure you go there!

2  Thank Alicia C
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great, hot fresh meals. Friendly staff, they have done a great job with the container. I didn't try the fresh spring rolls but almost every one else got them while I was waiting, so before I leave town I will be back to try them

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have ordered from here about 3 times in the short time I have known about them, and the meals have been great every time.

Also it is one of the few thai places around chch that is actually open convenient hours
7 days 10 am - 9pm, Hardly any other thai places in christchurch can you get thai on a sunday lunchtime or evening (when you are most craving for it).

#36. Pad Thai Chicken 9/10 very good taste
#69. Pad Egg noodle with honey smoked chicken 9.5/10 just delicious!
#24. Chicken Peanut Sauce & Vegetables on Rice 9.5/10 taste value and quality!

Their spring rolls are meant to be good, they look good I am yet to try them
they look like a generous size.
Their Bangkok Ckicken is also meant to be very good.

All food appropriately priced.

Conveniently located to the city on the north side of bealey avenue
You order from the caravan and the kitchen is in the lovely bamboo painted container
plenty of outdoor tables lovely place to have lunch on a nice sunny day.

Very friendly staff.