“Great food”

Thai Container
Ranked #44 of 1,103 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We are a relocated restaurant from the city due to the earthquakes. After the Earthquakes we managed to start up again this time as a takeaway with outdoor seating and making great use of a 40ft container which we converted to a 40ft Kitchen, Our Chefs are still serving restaurant quality food, at takeaway prices. We have a busy little spot so wait times can average between 5-15mins for your meal , txt orders are a good way to go on a wet day ... We look forward to seeing you here. Just remember when placing feedback ..If you have had a problem let us know straight away so we can resolve it, it's hard to be given a opportunity to fix things if you don't tell us.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great, hot fresh meals. Friendly staff, they have done a great job with the container. I didn't try the fresh spring rolls but almost every one else got them while I was waiting, so before I leave town I will be back to try them

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have ordered from here about 3 times in the short time I have known about them, and the meals have been great every time.

Also it is one of the few thai places around chch that is actually open convenient hours
7 days 10 am - 9pm, Hardly any other thai places in christchurch can you get thai on a sunday lunchtime or evening (when you are most craving for it).

#36. Pad Thai Chicken 9/10 very good taste
#69. Pad Egg noodle with honey smoked chicken 9.5/10 just delicious!
#24. Chicken Peanut Sauce & Vegetables on Rice 9.5/10 taste value and quality!

Their spring rolls are meant to be good, they look good I am yet to try them
they look like a generous size.
Their Bangkok Ckicken is also meant to be very good.

All food appropriately priced.

Conveniently located to the city on the north side of bealey avenue
You order from the caravan and the kitchen is in the lovely bamboo painted container
plenty of outdoor tables lovely place to have lunch on a nice sunny day.

Very friendly staff.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I grabbed a quick lunch at the Thai Container on a recent trip to Christchurch. The restaurant is in a parking lot, and you order food from a trailer. The menu has a fairly wide selection of typical Thai fare, with their specialty being fresh spring roles (probably half of the people I saw order bought them). I had some deep fried spring roles and chicken fried rice. Both were cooked to order, and came out in about 10-15 min. Both were delicious, and the fried rice was a very generous portion. Prices were very reasonable as well. There are several picnic tables if one prefers to eat there, however most seemed to take out. They would do well to put up some umbrellas, as there was nowhere to escape the bright midday sun. A date restaurant this is not, but for really delicious, quick Thai food, I would highly recommend it!

1  Thank ILoveToEatOut
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Sitting outside eating tasty Thai on a summery eve is the business. Order at the caravan and within ten minutes a steaming plate of deliciousness is ready. While helpings aren't big, the food is fresh and well priced. Cool iniative for the city.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Oh this place is just to die for! Their Lamb Massaman Curry and Chicken Pad Thai are so fresh and delicious, you feel like you are actually eating food made by Thai locals!

Deep fried Spring rolls are again, freshly made and perfectly crispy and yummy!

Go there tonight!!