“Excellent Little Thai Joint”
Review of Thai Container

Thai Container
Ranked #27 of 1,019 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We are a relocated restaurant from the city due to the earthquakes. After the Earthquakes we managed to start up again this time as a takeaway with outdoor seating and making great use of a 40ft container which we converted to a 40ft Kitchen, Our Chefs are still serving restaurant quality food, at takeaway prices. We have a busy little spot so wait times can average between 5-15mins for your meal , txt orders are a good way to go on a wet day ... We look forward to seeing you here. Just remember when placing feedback ..If you have had a problem let us know straight away so we can resolve it, it's hard to be given a opportunity to fix things if you don't tell us.
Reviewed September 8, 2012

While on R&R from the South Pole I stayed at a great place called the Holiday Lodge on Colombo Street. The Thai Container was a two minute walk away. I ate here almost everyday. The Pad Thai was delicious, the spice was right on, and the people who owned it were so friendly and helpful. I stayed in Chiang Mai Thailand for two months and took every cooking class available, and the Thai Container reminded me of the food trolleys in Chiang Mai;affordable, delcious food, and nice people.
I can't wait to leave the ice in November so I can go back and get some Pad Thai.

1  Thank Piercedlibrarian
There are newer reviews for Thai Container

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Was surprised this came from a temporary container restaurant. Great food, order in advance by phone, pick up and take away half an hour later. Chili was a bit too spicy for me but that was probably my fault. You are able to say how hot you want it. Green curry was deliciously thick and hot. Gorgeous on a cold winter night.

1  Thank brandonlye
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The food here is probably the best Thai I have tried in Christchruch. Eat-in or takeaway.
The location is typically Cantabrian and yet again shows how creative people in Christchurch have become with what we have got.

I recommend the fresh spring rolls, chicken satay sticks or the Tom Kha Gai for starters.
For mains I thoroughly enjoyed the BBQ beef salad, Massaman curry (with lamb), the ginger chicken is very yummy (I love ginger) and of course the Pad Thai chicken.

Fantastic food at a unique location makes this a brand new Christchurch institution.

1  Thank TinChard2006
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Only takeaway or outdoor tables. good value, especially for fresh spring rolls.Phad Thai/Phad See Ew could use more seasoning for my tastes. Panang curry was great! Easy location to find on the street corner. Unfortunately, dishes don't look quite like the pictures as they are all takeaway containers only. I'll go back.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

This is a fine example of one of Christchurch's 'temporary' businesses - one of many reteilers to have picked themselves up and dusted off after the devastating earthquakes of 2010 and 2011 and re-opened in converted shipping containers. The spirit of NZ is alive and well at the Thai Container. Great food, great customers, great prices and a funny and friendly host - even if he has some kind of delusion that the NZ All Blacks are the world's best rugby team!

2  Thank lojik69