“King of breakfasts and coffee!”
Review of Black Betty Cafe

Black Betty Cafe
Ranked #31 of 980 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“King of breakfasts and coffee!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We ate here every morning while staying in Christchurch and we never got bored of the fantastic breakfasts. Lovely crispy bacon! Fresh golden eggs! Soft ciabatta! It's a cool place, but without being self-conscious about it. I could live here.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Matt J

• Korean first
Vienna, Austria
“Stylish place with great breakfast”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Friends recommended this cafe as the best place to have breakfast in Christchurch. Therefore we went there to have breakfast on a Friday morning at around 10:30 and the place quite full. The ordering process was quick and I took "Eggs Florentine" with spinach and a double espresso. My girlfriend ordered the "Mediterranean Breakfast" with grilled haloumi, a soft poached egg on sautéed spinach and cherry tomatoes - served on focaccia with sundried tomato and olive chutney. We found a table in the center of this cool cafe. We both really liked the style, the atmosphere and the interior of this "breakfast hall".
After 5 minutes the friendly waitress brought us our drinks and another 5 minutes later we got our meals. Both of them looked very delicious, were very tasty and the prices are reasonable.
Definitely it was a good choice to have breakfast in Christchurch and I recommend this place to all others.

• Visited December 2013
Adelaide
“Great breakfast spot”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I have visited Christchurch twice now and both times we have dined here for breakfast. Great atmosphere, service and good prices. There is always a wide selection of food in the display case and the muffins are delicious. I highly recommend trying this place, you won't be disappointed.

Visited November 2013
“Loved the breakfast!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Went to Black Betty's twice for breakfast and loved the food. I asked about the nondairy offerings and they were able to make scrambled eggs with no milk for me. The food was wonderful - part of this may be the lack of good tasting food in the US. The service was friendly and helpful. And I was able to check my email using the free wireless. My husband loved his breakfast also.

• Visited November 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and drinks”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Went there once for breakfast - I absolutely loved the Chai Latte (neither too sweet nor too spicy) and the breakfast (I had salmon on bagels) was very nice too! The atmosphere is nice too!

• Visited September 2013