Sudima Hotel Christchurch Airport
$241
$193
Hotwire.com
1,914 results
All reviewschristchurch airportnew winginternational antarctic centreon demandfree shuttlean early flightshuttle servicehire carlast nightnew zealandafter midnightnext morningshopping centreone night staybed was comfortablethe ground floorshort stay
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Only one person on the desk for check in - had to wait 15 mins.
Room seemed ok - except the shower was over a tiny little bath (perhaps designed for a five year old to use?) that was too narrow to stand in with a shower curtain! You have to ask why you would waste a nice rectangle space with a midget plastic bath to make everyone's cleaning experience miserable.

Had to order a continental breakfast (for $25!) because I was checking out at 5:30am.

Breakfast arrived - wrong cereal, wrong fruit, no refund, no discount as I had a plan to catch and they didn't believe me unless they had gone and checked it themselves.

Convenience isn't a good reason to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
WarrenBarnes, General Manager at Sudima Hotel Christchurch Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the delay you experienced at check in - 15 minutes does seem like a very long time to wait and I was wondering if you were part of a larger group of delayed passengers that all arrived at once ?
I am intrigued with your comments about the size of the bath as I have never received such a comment before. Whilst it is clearly not a full sized bath it is relatively close to it and certainly not midget as you have claimed.
Obviously your room service breakfast experience was less than satisfactory so if you would care to contact me directly I will glady arrange a refund. I am disappointed our staff didnt handle this better when you raised the matter with them.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed for 1 night on a stop over in Christchurch. The 24 hour complimentary pick up is great as we arrived late at night and we only had to wait a few minutes for the shuttle to arrive. The hotel is very close and in walking distance if you felt like a walk! Check in was quick. Our room was neat and tidy, a bit dated as has been said in previous posts (especially the TV!!)
Overall, we were happy with our stay and it served our needs for somewhere close by and easy to get to.
Would recommend if you are staying on a quick stopover.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your views. I am pleased that overall you were happy with your stay.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I spent one night at the Sudima.

We had a standard room on the ground floor.

Whilst we found the hotel to be good for our needs we found the price at $160.00 per night rather steep for what you get.

The hotel is rather dated and the room was a follow on from that.

The bed was a queen which was soft and comfy but everything else seemed and appeared old and dated. There was a small desk and chair, an old style tube TV and an even older style fridge in the room. The bathroom was small but clean. The shower was over the bath and there was a good size vanity area.

Parking is complementary and there is plenty of parking available.

Breakfast is very reasonably priced. We had the express option, which is toast, coffee and juices for $8.50 and the continental breakfast option which was $16.50. There is an excellent selection of cereals, breads, fruit and juices.

Despite being next to the airport, noise from the incoming and outgoing planes is minimal.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again, but I believe they need to review their prices.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. We feel our prices are comparable to other 3 - 4 star hotels currently available in Christchurch. Currently we do have a range of rooms available, some older and some newer. The hotel is about to undergo a substantial redevelopment whereby the older rooms will be demolished and replaced with 90 totally new rooms and the remaining rooms substantially refurbished.This project will be staged to minimise any possible disruption to our guests.
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Perfect location for late night arrivals.
We arrived in Christchurch airport at 6pm, so walked the 600 meters to the hotel. Easy!
Check in was quick and staff helpful.
Room was of generous size with a neat bathroom. Room contained TV, bar fridge, tea and coffee making.
We were really hungry so ate at the restaurant on site. Good tasty food at expected prices. No complaints.
A fireplace and TV is located near the restaurant in the lobby area - perfect place for a chat with friends and a nightcap.
On check out, it was quick and the friendly receptionist called our hire car group who picked us up at the front door. They were also able to change money for us to NZ dollars.
If you had time to kill, the Antarctic Centre is close by and a McDonalds is just down the road, if you wanted a quick and cheap breakfast.
Very happy with our stay here (booked via Agoda) and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your very comprehensive feedback. We do appreciate you taking the time to do this. I am pleased you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and that you would be happy to stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Even though this hotel is conveniently positioned, don't be fooled or lured. The Sudima is tired and simply has no idea. So many international travellers arrive here late at night as did we. The first surprise we received was upon our check in. Our room was allocated, and frankly, finding it was like strolling through the catacombs, once found it would have been a relief to have immediately lost it. The key barely opened the door, and then, only after much persuasion, the televisions are something from a seventies musuem, the beds second rate and the Fridge/Mini bar was, you guessed it, empty.

Wanting something as simple as three small bottles of orange juice, I trudged back to reception, only to find that in this hotel, if you require anything as exotic as orange juice, or a snack of any kind, then you are seriously out of luck. Solution, walk the 700 metres back to the airport then 700 meters back. Sudima's idea of a solution is to point a finger towards a vending machine, where you can choose a chocolate bar or various fizzy drinks, such as coca-cola.

As for recommending a place like this, I'm not sure I can think of anyone I dislike enough to send there. As far as I'm concerned I will go out of my way to urge people to stay away at all costs.

This is the sort of place that deserves all the encouragement in the world to close down, and cease causing the first impression of New Zealand to be one it simply does not deserve.

Steve Jeavons