“wouldn't have wanted to stay more than one night”

Sudima Hotel Christchurch Airport
Ranked #21 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We arrived after a late flight and checked out the next morning. The room was very outdated and worn and the bathroom wans't very clean (little hairs all over the shower, floor and walls). I couldn't find a heater in the room so woke up throughout the night from cold. Quite overpriced for what I've paid in Chch and other areas of NZ.

Staff are friendly and it is walking distance from the airport which is handy.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sudima Hotel Christchurch Airport

Reviewed July 15, 2011

I think I am pretty generous with my reviews but I can honestly say that this is probably the worst accomodation I have stayed in. The only positive was the friendly shuttle drivers. There were extremely nice and helpful and I would say they provided the best customer service out of our whole Christchurch/ Queenstown holiday. If the Sudima hotel reads this the date was the 12th and it was during the day. Okay so we stayed at this hotel 2 seperate nights during our holiday. We landed on the 5th at midnight and stayed again on the 11th. Both times the front desk staff couldn't even manage a smile. Customer service without a smile isn't customer service. They didn't go out of their way at all and there social skills were lacking. The worst thing was that there were no LIFTS!!! They were busy the entire time so I would think that they could afford some lifts....It was a long walk to our room. The room was the oldest noisiest room I have ever stayed in. There was something wrong with the fridge and it made a clicking noise every couple of minutes. The noise woke me up alot through the night when i was sleeping. The walls are also paperthin that you can hear everyone around you. On our first night we actually had a complaint, and a staff member came to our room and asked us to turn our tv down. The tv was on very low! The rooms are just terrible and you can hear every movement around you. It was embarrassing to be told to turn a tv volume down that isn't even loud.... The courtyard was ugly and the rest of the hotel wasn't much to look at to be honest. This hotel is so far away from the city so if you're wanting to stay here just because it is close to the airport, please don't. I will chose a different airport accomodation next time. The beds were uncomfortable and the room was cold. The only thing I liked was the bathroom, it was pretty good. PS hotel does not look like the pictures.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank skrillex
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We chose this hotel as we had a very early morning flight. It was a large room and was very clean and tidy. We found the staff helpful and the food at the restaurant good. The chef accommodated our request for a vegetarian pasta dish which we appreciated. We were woken by the people arriving in the next room on a late flight. The manager on reception was helpful and phoned them to ask them to quieten down on our behalf. It was unfortunate that we had to wake up only 3 hours later to catch our own flight. It would be better if the hotel was able to place late arrivals in one area of the hotel to reduce the disturbance to people leaving early (and vice versa). This should be possible as it is quite a large hotel. The shuttle bus service was waiting as we checked out, and we didn't have to wait to fill the bus with other passengers. We appreciated the convenience and the standard of the hotel. Best of all it is right next door to the Antarctic Experience which was something we particularly wanted to see.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Had an aged feeling but the room was clean, the beds soft. What did surprise me though was that although this is an airport hotel and therefore frequented by lots of guests with lots of luggage, there was no lift! We had to drag our suitcases and bags up and down stairs! I couldn't believe it! The place is only 2 stories but is in need of a lift for those with very heavy bags. Free shuttle, which is good although the hotel is so close to the airport you could almost walk it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank krudyard
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Quality of the hotel was probably good as the room, bathroom and breakfast were all good. But they get marked down as I was left for waiting for half an hour for the airport courtesy bus when told the it was on it's way in 5 minutes. I had to go and phone again and wait for another 10 minutes. Then I find out it was no more than a 10 minute walk to the hotel!
Don't let this put you off staying there but I cannot give a better score due to my experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JB30
mclm, Manager at Sudima Hotel Christchurch Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for the review of your stay with Sudima Hotel Christchurch Airport.

Please accept our apologies for the long wait for our shuttle, we totally agree that half an hour is unreasonable with the hotel being only a 5 minutes drive from the airport. This is an exception rather than the rule as our drivers have strict instructions that guests must be picked up immediately upon request and I am assuming that the message for the pick up via our RT radio was missed.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and we want to thank you for your support of this hotel.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

I stopped here for the night in the midst of South Island travels. Great welcome but room a little tired, no soap tray in the shower - annoying, Room service food was good (and prompt)
This is an airport hotel with associated airport noise, a quiet night's sleep it is not!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Was kept up to 3.30am by next door couple fighting and then making up, only stay here if you need to go to the airport next day early.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple