A small very comfortable hotel. Well appointed spacious room. Family hotel atmosphere created by the staff for whom nothing too much trouble. Excellent restaurant though may be too expensive for some, even so good value. Extremely helpful concierge desk, if the staff do not know, they will do all they can to find out. Front of hotel overlooks a park - do not recommend the municipal golf course! Curators House restaurant within walking distance also good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch