I stayed for 2 nights. My wife loved the heated floor but the heated towel rack did not work. Location is ok. The concierge were very helpful as to the places we can go to.
The breakfast option is so-so, i had the continental buffet (not ok) and the big breakfast (ok).
The rooms are ok. its clean but it can be improved.
You are given a limited free internet connection which is good enough for checking emails.
i think for the price, this is the best option in Christchurch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch