We stayed here two weeks after staying at The Marque (also reviewed). The contrast for similar room rates was considerable. At the Heritage we found solicitous staff who were on hand as soon as we parked our rental car outside. The room was spacious and beautifully furnished and the public spaces are impressive and welcoming. The location could not be better, on Cathedral Square. Full marks on all fronts provided you get the bargain rates!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christchurch is a long way from the Mediterranean - nevertheless, the opulence of an Italian High Renaissance Palazzo awaits you at the Heritage Christchurch. Designed by Joseph Clark Maddison and opened in 1913, the hotel is listed as a category one building on the Historic Places Trust Register, reflecting its status as a building of national significance. The hotel's grand design is fitting: after all, Christchurch is regarded as the Garden City, and is regarded internationally for its culture and refinement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Heritage Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Heritage Hotel