We chose this hotel for the central location as we wanted to be able to recover from the long haul flight and see Christchurch before setting off to see the rest of the country. The staff were great and took our luggage as we arrived in the morning and rooms weren't ready. We were really pleased to be told we'd been given a free upgrade but should have been more wary - our room was large and lovely but had a view over the service yard and backed onto the lifts which were clearly audible for most of the night - not much help with the jet lag and the vibrations were less than restful as there'd been a large aftershock a few days before which made them very un-nerving. Ask for a front room looking over the square - hopefully what's left of Christchurch will not disappoint, it was a beautiful city and hopefully will be again soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christchurch is a long way from the Mediterranean - nevertheless, the opulence of an Italian High Renaissance Palazzo awaits you at the Heritage Christchurch. Designed by Joseph Clark Maddison and opened in 1913, the hotel is listed as a category one building on the Historic Places Trust Register, reflecting its status as a building of national significance. The hotel's grand design is fitting: after all, Christchurch is regarded as the Garden City, and is regarded internationally for its culture and refinement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Heritage Hotel