We spent 5 nights at the Argyle and can highly recommend it. We were impressed that, for the same price as many other 'studio rooms' at other motels, we got a separate bedroom, thus enabling one of us to go to bed and the other to continue watching TV. The lounge area made it easy to entertain a guest and the small kitchen table made eating takeaway more pleasant than just perching on the side of a bed as we've done at other motels! Bruce & Maggie were very friendly and helpful. Despite being on Deans Avenue, near Riccarton Road, we weren't disturbed by traffic noise. (We stayed in Room 5 near the back of the property.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Argyle on the Park motel. With its unique location right across Hagley Park in the middle of the City, it makes it ideal for travelers wanting to explore Christchurch. For those who wish to catch TranzAlpine or Coastal Pacific trains we provide Free Transfer to and from Christchurch Railway Station. The motel has twelve fully self-contained units. Each unit has full Kitchens, Heat Pumps, Double glazing, Sky TV and Free WiFi. Riccarton Westfield Shopping Mall, many restaurants and cafes are within walking distance. It is also just few minutes' drive from Christchurch famous HornCastle Arena and Addington Raceway & Events Centre. If you are looking for stay in Christchurch then look no further! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Argyle on the Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Argyle On The Park Hotel Christchurch
- Argyle On The Park Christchurch