“Comfortable stay”

Pavilions Hotel
Ranked #12 of 144 Hotels in Christchurch
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Very basic 2 bedroom hotel room. Needs to be modernised. Kids had a blast!! Spa and pool kept them very happy and occupied :-) Overall we enjoyed our stay. Good service. Excellent location. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Familys go for the more expensive 2 bedroom room.
Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelly H
Horncastle, General Manager at Pavilions Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
I am glad your kids had a great stay - the spa and pool are well liked by the kids and it does keep them entertained. 2 bedroom basic hotel room are smaller and normally for a 1 night stay only. I would certainly recommend booking the deluxe 2 bedroom for your next stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I arrived late in the evening after a long day of travel in late February and was met by one of the rudest night clerks I’ve ever encountered at a hotel/motel. He just threw my key across the counter, and as it was my first time staying at the hotel, I wasn’t sure where to find my room. I asked him politely, and he, in turn, politely directed me towards it. The room was fine, nothing special, but definitely suitable for a good night’s rest. The next morning, I was greeted by a very friendly staff of two at the front desk, catching me a bit off-guard after the night before. I stay in Christchurch quite often for work, but in the future, I might think twice about asking to stay at the Pavillions if I’m arriving late at night.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Horncastle, General Manager at Pavilions Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
We appreciate you making the time to post comment, it helps us to improve our service to perfection. It is extremely disappointing to read your feedback with regards to our night staff and as I am not sure which member of staff this is I will be addressing this with both of our night staff. It is our policy to take you to your room along with your bags on arrival so I am unsure why this situation arose. Other reviews here on Trip Advisor certainly point out that our staff are fantastic, so it is good to see you did experience good service in the mornings. Please be assured your comments will be dealt with and we do hope that you give us another go next time you are in town.
Alexandra, New Zealand
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This was a family trip so we were looking for an apartment with two bed rooms and a kitchenette,
the Pavilions seemed to have all we needed, The check in was very pleasant with a very smiley
young lady on the front desk, heaps of parking to chose from, and the apartment was to say the least superb, we were up stairs so it was quite quite, very spacious , lovely beds and two big rocking chairs and a sofa in the lounge, what more could one ask for. We found it was only a short walk in to town ( 10mins or so ) or the casino. we had dinner in the restaurant and found the service superb, the dinner was excellent, ( try the chefs new pumpkin and ginger soup ) the bar man was was old school, could,t Do enough for us, a wonder full night. I can only rate our stay as first class , thank you all, we will be back again.

Room Tip: Just come and stay, they are all good
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We really appreciate you taking time to post comment. Our 2 bedroom Deluxe apartments are very spacious indeed and perfect for a family stay. Its great you enjoyed your meals with us and our fantastic staff. We will be glad to welcome you back again soon.
Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

A truly outstanding (in every way) family owned and operated Hotel. Wonderful, clean, light and spacious rooms, excellent food, superb convenient location and as for the staff, well where do I start my thank you's !!! Debbie, Keith, Cam, Mark, Troy and all of you guys have made me feel so welcome, I can't thank you enough !! I have stayed in many top notch hotels all over the world but I have never felt so welcomed and comfortable ever. From the minute you check in to the minute you check out the experience at Pavillions is Truly "Outstanding" thank you again and look forward to seeing you on my next trip !!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such fabulous feedback on your stay with us. We are really glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and have acknowledged our outstanding staff. I do agree our food is excellent and its nice to see you also enjoyed the clean and spacious rooms. We look forward to seeing you again when you are back this way.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We spent our last night of 3 weeks traveling across NZ at Pavilions hotel at the end of February 2014 and couldn't have been happier. The staff were so welcoming and helpful with local directions, advice and went above and beyond we felt to make our stay comfortable and fun.
The room itself was spacious, clean and comfortable and we really didn't want to leave!
Thank you so much Pavilions hotel..we will definitely be back and have recommended you already to friends and family!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Horncastle, General Manager at Pavilions Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to post comment on your stay. I am glad that you noticed our staff and their fantastic service - they really do strive to provide the best. Thanks for the recommendations and we do hope to see you back this way again soon.
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Pavilions yesterday night with my husband and 4 month old baby. While the hotel is clean and conveniently located, They are too rigid and inconsiderate for families with babies to the point of being outright rude. I have been to about 40 countries and I have never given a poor review, but also I was never treated with such rudeness about extending check out time because I needed few extra minutes to calm my crying baby to check out of the room. I do not recommend it if you are with children.

Stayed February 2014
Horncastle, General Manager at Pavilions Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for acknowledging that our hotel is clean and conveniently located. We always do our best to accommodate guests no matter what their circumstances. Unfortunately it is a very busy time of year and we are fully booked every night. Our check out time is 10am and we can extend wherever possible, but with turnover currently, it is difficult. On this occasion you vacated the room at 1:40pm (over 3 and half hours after checkout - not a few minutes), and we had done all we could to extend your time in the room but had guests moving into your room and check in time is 2pm. I do hope you understand and apologise for any ill feelings we may have caused you. You will notice from all our reviews our staff are outstanding and always go above and beyond to ensure the satisfaction of service with our customers.
Hokitika, New Zealand
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Pavilions was a lovely clean, modern hotel although parking was a bit hard but we squeezed in. Quiet and generally a nice place but the lady on reception in the morning of checkout needs to learn how to smile. Check in was a breeze with a lovely friendly very helpful young woman but checkout made me feel I was an annoyance. We checked in on Monday 17th Feb and checked out on Tues 18th Feb.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Horncastle, General Manager at Pavilions Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for investing your time in posting comment on your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of our modern hotel. You did stay during a busy period as we do have ample parking onsite - February is one of the busiest months in the year in Christchurch so this would have attributed to this. Its also pleasing to hear that you noticed the friendliness of our staff on check in. I have discussed your comment with the person responsible for checking you out and can only apologise that you felt that way - they certainly are normally extremely attentive and friendly as you will see from previous comments on this site.