“Excellent value for money - Awesome location!”

Flag Hotel Camelot Cathedral Square
Ranked #111 of 144 Hotels in Christchurch
New Zealand
“Excellent value for money - Awesome location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2009

I've stayed at many hotels aound the world, and this has got to be the best value for money ever!! Room was $65 from wotif.com. Our room was massive, exceptionally clean and fresh, and appeared to have recently been refurnished. Not a great view (concrete wall of neighbouring buiding) but the room more than made up for that. Service at reception was superb, cheap parking (valet for $10!) Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank 2shopaholics

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

This hotel was booked for us as part of a packed itinerary. Location excellent as it's within walking distance to shops and restaurants. The Christchurch Tram stop is within a 30 second walk of the hotel with easy bus connections to the Christchurch Gondola.

We stayed here for our pre and post night of our trip and the rooms were basic, but clean. We had a rental car there during our stay and parking is available for a charge; it's valet as they do not have their own car park.

The only problem we had was with the showers...water pressure too low in our room at the beginning of our trip. When we returned, same problem and all that came out was steaming hot water and couldn't get and cold water in the shower head!

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel and stay here again if I return.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank heyheyyu
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2009

Good location in Cathedral Square. My third floor room was huge for a solo traveller.

They have a strange bookings policy which annoyed me. I called from the airport and got a rate of $120 dollars for that night. As I hadn't got any plans, I took this rate. That evening, I decided to stay a further night and this time was able to check the rate on the internet which was $90. I asked the front desk to give me the lower rate but they said I had to go along the road to book it on the internet.

Very strange.

I didn't do that in time so booked another night with the front desk. By now they had come to their senses and offered me the $90 rate. When I checked out, they had given me BOTH nights at that rate so well done on that. But probably a good thing to get your policy sorted out first.

Had breakfast on second morning. It was huge and almost put me off eating it. Egg, bacon and sausage were plonked on 4 bits of toast - I prefer them on the side.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2009

Stayed twice.

As others have said, it has a great location. I slept with the window open and despite overlooking the Square was not disturbed by any noise - perhaps it was because I was on one of the higher floors.

The room was massive with a good bathroom, satellite TV, fridge and BIG comfortable bed.

I'd just spent 4 weeks in Antartica, so the DIY laundry on the floor below was ver useful to prepare for the rest of my RTW trip.

Pleasant & helpful staff.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo