“sunday morning bliss”

Addington Coffee Co-op
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We roast our own fair trade organic Jail Breaker coffee onsite. Free WiFi in the cafe, and bring your dirty washing as we even have our own coin-operated laundromat. The Addington Store - eco-friendly, fairly traded, and/or locally produced gifts and groceries. We also stock Liminal Apparel's range of fair trade organic t-shirts and bags made at Freeset in Kolkata. We have a small farm at Little River supplying produce and free range eggs to the cafe
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I really enjoy this café, location, food, service, décor. It makes for an easy Sunday morning, but be aware this place gets busy and you may have to wait to get a seat, especially if you are more than 2 people.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I went with a friend to the Addington Coffee Co-Op. We were lucky in finding a park in the carpark behind the cafe and even luckier to not have to wait in the usual queue inside.

We ordered our food to take away and had the coffees there. The chicken sandwich I ordered had just been made. We also ordered a vege sandwich and a venison pie (for the hubby at home). The people at the counter were chatty and friendly.

My hot chocolate arrived very quickly and was rich and delicious. My friend's soy cappuchino arrived just after my drink did, and the service was friendly.

Love, love love this place and will return whenever I can!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The coffee here is one of the best I've had in Christchurch and quite possibly better than what I've had in Sydney too. The staff are all very friendly and the atmosphere of the place is amazing. The breakfast is very good, presentation is spot on however the consistency can drop when there is a large amount of people in the morning on weekends. I would most definitely advise going on weekday mornings if you can. The eggs Benedict is very good, I would also recommend a side of sausages because those things are amazing (hot kick).

The coffee is on the more expensive side (less than 5 dollars) but very well worth it. The food is also very good but a little too pricey for the portions but the quality can make up for it. I have never came out of the place thinking it was expensive because I have always enjoyed myself there.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fantastic family atmosphere. We had breakfast there twice when we were visiting through Christchurch. The food is top standard, the coffee is brewed to perfection and the hospitality is great. The owner entertained our 3 year old and we were made to feel very welcome!

The shop is a great addition and it has its own bean roasting section.

Highly recommended!!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great building full of history. Busy but we were seated in 10 mins. Fantastic food and service was excellent. Highly recommend especially for families. Lots of high chairs and couches for those who do not want a table.