“Awesome place”

The Brewery
Ranked #206 of 1,055 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cassels & Sons' Brewery café restaurant at The Tannery is famed for its relaxed family friendly atmosphere, extensive menu choice and medal winning craft beers. Come and watch the wood-fired copper kettle in action, concocting some famous Cassels & Sons unique brews. Just off the main routes to Lyttelton and Sumner it is the perfect stop for a gourmet wood-fired pizza, a fresh cafe salad or a hearty breakfast.
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

After spending many a hour at The Brewery thought should post something. Great casual venue with a good mix of people. Fantastic beers and food, good place to pop in after work or at weekend. At a loose end on a weekend morning go for breakfast .

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I don't actually drink but I think the people I was with enjoyed their beers. I had a very nice natural lemon, lime and bitters. We were there for dinner and we were seated outside. Luckily it was a really nice evening when I went although they did have heaters above all the tables incase of cold. Myself and another person I was with had the Moroccan chicken, mine was really nice but the other person who had it said it was all chicken skin and bones. Everyone was very full after their meals and we had no room for dessert. The desserts looked nice - there were cheesecakes and sticky date puddings in a cabinet and a few other things.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Bustling place to meet friends and enjoy a craft beer or two outside the city centre. Good food too.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

After reading so many amazing reviews, and enjoying the Cassel's beer on previous occasions we where excited to be back in Christchurch with the chance to try The Brewery. Possibly we chose the wrong day to visit (Cup Day). Our lunch order came to the table quickly, the drinks a little behind. My husband had the six tasting pack (a true beer lover!) Sadly he didnt finish them all, as he found them a little over hopped - unable to enjoy the real beer (so I've been told!) He cheered up when taken to Pomeroys the next day - maybe try there instead - same beers on offer.

1  Thank rach1985
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Loved this little place. Enjoyed some great pizza, cheesy garlic bread and wine here. Would definitely come back.