“Two oldies!”

Ranked #1 of 144 Hotels in Christchurch
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Two oldies!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Spotlessly clean and all mod cons. Very comfortable bed. Even though our room, number 9 faced the road, it was quiet. Wake up call and taxi both on time for a very early flight.
Restaurant and takeaways very handy, and owners very helpful.
Would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Heather D, Public Relations Manager at Airport Palms Motel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you.
Welcome back any time

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We arrived at midnight after a long journey with two small children to find that Pat and Bill had thoughtfully given us the room across from the office. The room was spacious and clean (aside from one pillowcase that was immediately remedied in the morning and profusely apologized for). If you arrive late don't pay for the Wi-Fi as you can buy discount coupons from the hosts. We realized once we arrived that this motel was just 6 doors down from my in-laws new home. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments.
Pleased you found the location of Airport Palms so close to family.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I saw great reviews for this motel. The rating was 9.2 or something similar. So I booked this hotel for my stay in Christchurch. While I am not saying that this is a bad motel, I would rather say that the rating was a bit too much for this one. I would not rate it more than 6.5 on a scale of 10. My observations -

1. The rooms are too small and crampy. You need space to pack and unpack. That is clearly missing.
2. When I was there it was a bit hot and I had to wake up twice or thrice at night. I would prefer they keep a small fan for such hot days.
3. The free wifi was given only for 1 hour. In the rest of the country this was not time bound. I mean pls limit the amount of data you can download (5gb per night is the standard in the rest of the country) but why time bound it as well. I wrote a whatsapp msg to my mother who is not online all the time. By the time she saw my msg and replied, my 1 hour free wifi was gone. Although my activity was just sending 1 whatsapp msg. Pls change this aspect if you can.
4. Pls bear in mind there are no stores nearby other than 1 restaurant cum pub. So pls take your own provisions before you enter, if you do not have a car.

Room Tip: I couldn't figure it out myself.....but I guess you have to ask for a big one
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We regret that you found your unit rather small. We do have many spacious units, so it is a good idea to request a more roomy unit when booking.
Fans are supplied on demand and are advertised in our information booklet in the units.
We have taken your comments regarding the issue you experienced with Wi Fi into consideration.
There is a restaurant very close by, just across the street from the Motel which is open for breakfasts, plus a small Dairy a short walking distance away. There is also a very nice coffee bar in very close proximity to Airport Palms.
We also supply generous continental breakfasts on demand which are delivered to units the previous evening.
We do hope you enjoyed your time in New Zealand and had a safe return home.
Home
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Modern and well equipped accommodation near the airport. Rooms are spacious too. Due to a dreadfully early departure we had to take a taxi but even I can afford the NZ$11 fare! Pat and Bill were great hosts - thanks to them.
After a couple of months in NZ it's always sad to leave but at least the "Palms" softens the blow.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments.
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Stranded chrischchurch with no accommodation as our room had been sold on us. called into airport palms motel where these people spent two hours ringing around chch and ashburton for us sadly to no avail but their service to us was second to none. Thank you so much for all your help and empathy to us. As far as we are concerned airport palms motel rating is ten our of ten.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Glad you found the service Pat and Bill provided to your satisfaction.
You are welcome to stay with us any time.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I booked this motel for my mother who arrived at midnight into Christchurch on a Gold Coast flight, whilst I arrived the next morning from a Singapore flight. I wanted acommodation for her near the airport so I could swing by in the rental car to collect mum and begin our one week road trip of the South Island of NZ. Airport Palms Motel is approximately a 5-7 minute drive from the airport so the location was perfect for me.

Since mum arrived after the complimentary shuttle service hours, instead of taking a chance on a taxi not being there when she arrived, I ordered a driver through a local limo service, A2B Limos, who picked up my mum and I arranged for the driver to carry her bags up to the second floor since there were no rooms left on the ground floor. Bill and Pat Shaw were prompt to answer emails and advised that their Airport Shuttle pickup and drop-off is available Monday to Friday 7am-8pm and Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays 8am-8pm. For arrivals outside these times you will need to take a taxi from the stand outside the airport Arrivals area (NZ$20-22). For departures outside these times they can arrange a taxi for you to go to the airport ($11 fixed rate).

Bill and Pat will arrange a place to collect the key for late night arrivals.

My mum was thrilled with her one bedroom apartment, so luxurious and everything was spotlessly clean with a small kitchen, large bathroom, soft plush brand new charcoal carpet and drapes with a comfy queen size bed. My mum didn't want to leave!

Pat and Bill arranged a continental breakfast for NZ$15 and placed all the items in the fridge and the kitchen before mum's arrival so she was all set first thing in the morning. Bread for toast, jam, cereal, tea, milk, and a small container of cling peaches. When I arrived to collect mum, I met Bill in the office, paid the account and had a quick shower and change of clothes before we set off. There's a lovely friendly labrador dog with wagging tail to greet guests as well.

Quite simply - a lovely motel where it's a privilege to stay. It's not cheap but you remember the experience long after the price is forgotten! Mum is still talking about it, which shows you how impressed she was. This quality of accommodation set the tone for our trip to NZ.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank AussieGirlByTheSea
So nice to hear your lovely comments . Many thanks.
Bromsgrove, UK
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed here on our first night in New Zealand after a long flight from the UK. This Motel is comfortable, clean, well equipped, well presented and run by helpful friendly owners. You can't ask for more than that.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Keith T
Great to hear. Thank you.