“Fine Dining - One of the better ones.”
Review of Edesia Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Edesia Restaurant & Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2013

If you are into fine dining this this restaurant is a "must." From the moment we walked in for our evening meal, the service was excellent. We had a drink at the bar and then went to our table. The food was superb, well presented and most importantly, we were allowed to enjoy our meal in a most relaxed atmosphere. The wine selection was extensive and would suit the most fastidious of people. It certainly wasn't a cheap night, but then you get what you pay for. Highly recommend and will certainly return.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have eaten here several times at lunch and the staff are very attentive and friendly and the food is fresh, healthy and delightfully tasty. It's a bit pricey but lovely for a treat or that special occasion.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Really delicious food. Staff were excellent. Great wines. The only thing I would change would be the plates. Wasn't that keen on eating off slate.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I was impressed with the food and if you like fine dining then I would definately recommend. But not cheap though. The food is creative and yummy. I eat out a lot in NZ and reserve my 'excellent' scores for only the top restaurants and this came very close :-). Downsides were the dessert range - could have been better but saying that the shared dessert we had was yummy but the only one we chose. Plus the 'slate-plate' are not good. They are not warm enough and the white-plate-option would do much better which some of the dishes are served on. Another diner I chatted to outside made the same comment.

But fantastic food and would definately return.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Extensive wine list. Non-intrusive service. Concealed inside the realm of an industrial area. VERY quiet and secluded in the evening. Pleasant environment. I could have mistaken myself stuck in Germany. Highly recommended for a night out with a special someone.