Haka Lodge Christchurch
$220
$154
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Arthur's Court Motor Lodge(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
$114
$77
Belmont Motor Inn(Christchurch)
$96
$81
Agoda.com
City Centre Motel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
$74
Bellano Motel Suites(Christchurch)
$92
$89
Hotels.com
At The Right Place(Christchurch)
$43
$41
All reviewsdorm roomhome sweet homehanging thingsbig lockerssecond homeclean kitchennice loungefelt like homelounge areagreat kitchennew zealandsumner beachbus routescity centrelast minute bookingenjoyed my stayquick stop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I will begin by saying what I've enjoyed with Haka Lodge. The accomodation was well taken care of all the way through, maybe one of the cleanest that I've ever stayed in. The interior was very nice and comfortable with alot to offer in the ways of entertainment. I was a little suprised really by how new everything seemed inside of the building considering that I've been living in backpackers for almost 2 years now and I know how easily things can be damaged inside of them! It did seem a little like I was staying over at someone's house then in a backpackers accomodation. The rooms were nearly motel quality, and the bathrooms were very nice and private and close to our rooms. The staff were very informative about how to get around the city and were helpful when assistance was required.

However, as nice as the backpacker hostel was, I must admit that the location was a bit far from the CBD and other attractions in Christchurch. A bus stop nearby can shift you around with moderate ease though. And some of the staff seemed a little too stern at times or just plain indifferent.

All in all it was a nice, comfortable stay in quality accomodation and with minimal complaints. But hopefully you have a vehicle, or are not shy of a good hike!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was very ill with sinusitis and bronchitis and had booked a single room. Haka hooked me up with a complimentary upgrade to an apartment to myself because of my situation. They also stored my luggage for weeks. Very kind and considerate staff. My favorite hostile in Christchurch!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Not your typical hostel. We had our own room with nice sheets, a tv and heater. The bathroom was clean as well, it felt more like I was staying at a friend's house. KItchen was awesome and internet was unlimited which we found difficult to find in NZ. Staff was very friendly. Already recommended the place to other travelers going through Christchurch.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2012

we arrived late at night and there was no trouble checking in. the apartment and room was left nice and warm for a cold night. very clean, great bathroom, and easy check out. Plus was recomended a great cafe for breakfast just down the road. Only thing is you'd be best to have a car to stay here (as we did)

Room Tip: twin room was perfect
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Having stayed at many hostels, I was quite impressed by the cleanliness of the kitchen at Haka Lodge. Gross kitchens are something that I highly dislike about hostels, but Haka Lodge seemed to have it under control. The rooms and bathrooms were also kept very clean, so I give the Haka Lodge a thumbs up! Thanks for an awesome stay. Definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple