“City Tour Excellent, five stars Steve”
Review of Hassle Free Tours

Hassle Free Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$221.71*
and up
Christchurch Super Saver: Christchurch Double...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hassle-free Tours is an award winning company that specialises in offeirng unique tour experiences in Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown. Hassle-free Tours is privately owned and has been operating since early 2003. We believe a tour is about more than 'just seeing the sights'. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service and giving our guests memorable experiences that will last a life-time. From city sightseeing tours on-board classic and new, open and closed top, double decker buses, to visiting a Lord of the Rings movie location, speeding through the Waimak Gorge in a jet boat, watching whales and dolphins in Kaikoura, and riding on the TranzAlpine train to Christchurch, Hassle-free Tours offers a myriad of tour experiences for everyone to enjoy.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I had a fantastic three hour tour of Christchurch and the surrounding areas on the London Route-master buses and the informative commentary by Steve made it all the better. Great to get the chance to look around and learn so much in such a short time with such a knowledgeable guide who was always cheerful and interesting.
Many thanks Steve and a special thank you for the lift back to our Top Ten site, we really appreciated your help.

All reviews
"high country"
"open top bus"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I'm an Okie (Oklahoma) I have been to a few mountains been on a few boat rides skiing/fishing and the like and if you want fun and adventure hold on to you hat and be ready for the best dang money you ever spent! Even if you are from New Zealand it's a surprise a minute! Great folks, great trails, And ANDY the stories he tells are priceless! The food and coffee are excellent too! Hop on aboard and buckle your seat belt, YeeHa as we say in the Midwest this was Awesome, ask for Andy because he makes the trip that much more crazy fun!!!!

Tanese

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went on the city tour of Christchurch today and it was one of the best and most informative trips of this nature that I have ever done. The guide had a superb knowledge of the history of the city. He gave a comprehensive insight into the effects of the earthquakes and was very informative about the plans for the reconstruction of the city. He gave a great insight into all of ongoing contraversies involved in the reconstruction product. It was very clear that he loved his city and felt passionately about its future prospects. I highly reccomend this tour to any visitor to Christchurch.

HassleFreeToursNZ, Front Office Manager at Hassle Free Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Hi there Brian - thanks for taking the time to review our Tour, a pleasure to host you during your stay in Christchurch and glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We are very proud of the Guide team we have working in the city on those gorgeous London Routemasters! They do indeed love their City and our entire team work hard to stay current and keep their commentary relevant, fun and interesting for everyone. As we approach a significant anniversary in Christchurch this week, we really appreciate your comments. Everyone will be "feeling the love" this week as they venture around our (still) beautiful, innovative and well-thought out Garden City. All the best for the remainder of your travels.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I have just returned to the States after spending Christmas/New Year with friends and family in the mainland. I had been in ChCh a couple of weeks after the Sept 2010 EQ, but had not seen the full extent of the Feb 2011 EQ. Our family took the Red Bus tour to experience the extent of the loss and see the progress of the rebuild. While the loss is truly overwhelming the tour did a great job of illuminating the City's plans for revitalization showing a hopeful air of optimism and passion for a City obviously in pain. The tour conductor not only pointed out the destruction of the EQ, but he emphasized the phoenix rising from the ashes in the form of new innovative, temporary and permanent, accommodation for commercial and social activities.

Full marks to the tour coordinator for the tour planning and flexibility while working under what would be considered very restrictive conditions. The bus conductor was informative, entertaining, and on the ball!

Thanks you for showing us a great time.

Barry, your comments were so thoughtful, heartening and well-written. If I could have placed a review myself this is exactly how I would want it to sound! So for a guest on our Tour to write what we would want to ourselves... we must be doing something right. Our Guide team indeed do a magnificent job in a City we proudly represent. A City we see having worked so hard to emerge with it's prior history intact, innovative, beautiful and full of life and energy - isn't that just where a guest wants to be! Thank you for taking the time to review our Tour, thank you for coming to visit us and check out how we're going. We look forward to hosting you again sometime in the future....Happy Travels!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I wanted to do a LOTR tour before I left New Zealand to return home to Australia. I was keen to check out the landscape at Edoras, or Mount Sunday as it is known. On our last day our tour guide Del picked us up and dropped us back at the airport (we were flying out that evening). Del was informative, entertaining and a very likeable lad. There is a fairly long drive to Mt Sunday, however I didn't notice it with Del's commentary and the different DVD stuff that he played along the way. We were there before we knew it with a couple of stops in between for toilet etc. Del not only talked about LOTR but New Zealand as well and I found myself interested in what he had to say. Great tour get on it, I was lucky enough to find a deal on bookme.co.nz. Awesome reservation staff at Hassle Free Tours, I had some questions and spoke to a lovely lady named Janet. The scenery at the end destination is just simply amazing. Nice lunch at Mt Potts station.

HassleFreeToursNZ, Front Office Manager at Hassle Free Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thanks Clinton - we're stoked you enjoyed your day out with us and especially that you were able to achieve the Tour before your New Zealand adventure was over. We really don't like anyone missing out on the experience...the Canterbury High Country is pretty cool! The amazing Journey to Edoras Tour certainly has been a signature Tour for the Company and has in fact held it's own and continued in popularity despite a very lean couple of years within our Tourism sector. Come back and visit us again sometime in the future... if you didn't get a look around Christchurch, we'll show from the top deck of our gorgeous London Double Deckers what amazing things are happening here as we see our City rise again. Thanks again for reviewing!