“Wonderful friendly home - didn't want to leave”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Airport Guesthouse

Airport Guesthouse
Ranked #9 of 130 Christchurch B&B and Inns
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Wonderful friendly home - didn't want to leave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We missed our flight through no fault of our own and was very upset. Deb came to meet us within 5 minutes of our booking and gave me a big cuddle which really helped. After carrying our bags to our room she made us tea and cakes and we felt like we had come 'home'. She told us the best places for our evening meal and even offered to drive us and pick us up. When we got back that evening we shared a couple of hours with her and Alan comparing families and their lives in Christchurch which we loved. Our room was spotless and comfy and the shared bathroom was huge and had all we needed in toiletries and towels.Our breakfast included warm croissants and delicious home made raspberry jam. Nothing was too much trouble and Deb made sure that we got back to the airport in plenty of time after our worries of the previous day.
Deb and Alan are the BEST hosts we have ever stayed with and we can't thank them enough for all their care.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Deb283, Owner at Airport Guesthouse, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Great to have you in our home/guesthouse - come back soon.

Deb & family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed at Airport Guesthouse early in February and arrived at a ridiculously late time at night. Alan had no hesitation to collect us at the airport and to take us back the next morning. the guesthouse has rooms with communal bathrooms, which are clean and well maintained. Accommodation in Christchurch is limited and Airport Guesthouse is a wonderful place to stay should you be looking for affordable accommodation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Deb283, Owner at Airport Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 19, 2015
Thanks for the positive review - hope life is treating you well.
Deb & Alan
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I can't say thank you enough to Deb & Alan they are lovely. I was travelling on my own & spent 3 night at their b&b. They took me under their wings & made me feel part of the family & very welcomed, they included me on a family trip out & a meal one evening. I was never lonely it was so kind of them, It was like home from home & can't recommend highly enough... Great hosts & if I ever return to New Zealand christchurch I know where I will be staying

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Penny J
Thanks for the positive review.

Deb & Alan
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Airport Guesthouse is a truly wonderful place to stay. The hosts are warm and welcoming, the rooms are cozy and nice, and it is less than a 5 min drive to the Christchurch airport. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Josh F
Deb283, Owner at Airport Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 19, 2016
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review - this makes running a guesthouse all worth while.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was there this week, for only one night, as I came down for a business meeting. Deb and Allan were wonderful hosts in their lovely, comfortable and clean home. Freezing temperatures outside; warm as toast in the home. They were friendly and helpful....... happily picked me up and dropped me off from wherever I had to be, at whatever time of day (or night!). Close to the airport (although you wouldn't know it) and handy to shops, and great dining at the local tavern. Thanks for a great stay! Hope to see you again - Rachelle

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank family4ofus
Thank you for taking the time to post a reivew.

Reviews like yours make it all worthwhile for us to run a guesthouse.

Come again soon.

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

My sister and I were scheduled to fly back to Los Angeles the day of the massive snow storm in Christchurch. We had been waiting at the airport for hours as we listened to flight after flight get canceled. After about 4 hours it was declared that all flights that day would be canceled and that the airport would be closing down for the remainder of the day. Fortunately there was still one more room left at the Airport Guesthouse and it was the best stroke of luck we had all day. Alan came and picked us up, and Deb welcomed us with delicious scones and coffee. It was just what we needed. We spent two nights there, and enjoyed the kind family, cute dog (Izzy) and kitten (Dilmah), clean house and bedroom (with electric blankets :D) and floor heating which is perfect in the winter. I would highly recommend the Airport Guesthouse to anyone! Thanks Deb and Alan for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura T
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us.
If my kids were in your situation I hope that they would be treated the same as we treated you - come again one day.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Deb & Alan were very friendly, welcoming and accommodating! Their kids blended in very easily too. I had to do an early check-in and a late check-out. They provide transportation to and from airport. There is a bus stop a few houses down. The location is great, it is just minutes from the airport but one wouldn't know as there is no takeoff noise. It is close to a park and a shopping center. If you drive on Harewood you will find the shopping center within few minutes. If you drive a little further to Papanui then you will find many restaurants with various cuisines. The neighborhood is quiet. The house is great. I needed a voltage converter and they let me borrow theirs for my entire trip of two weeks, even though I stayed there for only two nights! We had nice conversations. I enjoyed my stay and the time I spent with them! I wholeheartedly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kishores
It was easy to make you welcome - thank you for writing this review - it all helps other travellers.
Come again one day.