“nice people, convenient location”
Review of Airport Guesthouse

Airport Guesthouse
Ranked #9 of 132 Christchurch B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“nice people, convenient location”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Deb & Alan were very friendly, welcoming and accommodating! Their kids blended in very easily too. I had to do an early check-in and a late check-out. They provide transportation to and from airport. There is a bus stop a few houses down. The location is great, it is just minutes from the airport but one wouldn't know as there is no takeoff noise. It is close to a park and a shopping center. If you drive on Harewood you will find the shopping center within few minutes. If you drive a little further to Papanui then you will find many restaurants with various cuisines. The neighborhood is quiet. The house is great. I needed a voltage converter and they let me borrow theirs for my entire trip of two weeks, even though I stayed there for only two nights! We had nice conversations. I enjoyed my stay and the time I spent with them! I wholeheartedly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kishores
Deb283, Owner at Airport Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 19, 2016
It was easy to make you welcome - thank you for writing this review - it all helps other travellers.
Come again one day.
Regards
Deb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I only stayed one night but I was pleased I chose here. Alan, the friendly owner, went out of his way to pick me up from Christchurch and then got up to take me to the airport (5-10 mins away) for 4am - and that's included in the price too.
The accommodation itself is within the family home but distinct. I paid for a single room but got upgraded to a twin which was bright and clean. A separate modern bathroom had all you could want. I was also able to use their computer and free internet.
I didn't need breakfast so couldn't comment on that but I had a peaceful night's slepp and all in all I was very pleased to have stayed there and felt well looked after.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Emma S
Thank you Emma for taking the time to write a review for us.
It was a pleasure to have you stay.
Unfortunately we now charge for airport pick ups and drop offs as the Airport Authority charge us.
Come again one day.
Regards
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I had an amazing 3 night stay at the Airport Guesthouse. After the recent earthquakes I did wonder whether I should cancel my stay in Christchurch but I am so glad I didn’t. The guesthouse is on the outskirts of Christchurch and has suffered no damage. It is conveniently located close to Christchurch airport and a nice shopping centre. There is also a pleasant garden centre and New Zealand clothing outlet just a short walk away. Alan and Deb made me feel very welcome, the bedroom and bathroom were very attractive. They include free pick-up/drop-off from the airport and a wonderful continental breakfast. The house has a pretty garden overlooking open fields. There is also a nice park across the road where I was able to walk their well behaved chocolate Labrador – Izzy. I was travelling on my own but Deb and Alan made me feel part of their family. I would strongly recommend the Airport Guesthouse for a welcoming stay in Christchurch.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Hatton
Deb283, Owner at Airport Guesthouse, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Pleasure to have you in our home - please come back.