“Charming b n b”

Shamrock Garden B & B
Ranked #39 of 141 Christchurch B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights. The host (surprisingly from China) was friendly and helpful and the room was really comfortable. The gardens around the house were really nice if you like flowers and trees

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Wonderful host, lovely house and close to airport. What a wonderful way to end our holiday trip! I was blown away at how big the house was and you could tell that the owners looked after the place really well.

Room Tip: We stayed in pond side room which had a spa, sauna and massive bed!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I chose this place as it was near the airport so i can catch my morning flight out the next morning.

To my pleasant surprise, it is actually a beautiful house with many rooms and a large garden. I stayed at the pondside room which has private access and my own outdoor veranda. The main bedroom is spacious and there it actually has another smaller room with twin bed attached, which is perfect to accommodate even a family. The bathroom has a jacuzzi as well. Wifi within the area worked well. The house setting is gorgeous and peaceful.

Yuki who showed me my room, is a very friendly and hospitable lady. As my flight was rather early, i saw her up very early specially to prepare my continental breakfast. I would have to say her genuine hospitality during my stay impressed me and i would be happy to return again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This place was located about 5 minutes from the airport which was great if - like us - you arrive on a late night flight and want to settle down asap. It is actually a house with many rooms so the experience is akin to staying as a house guest! You may have to go on a hallway to get to the bathroom. It wasn't an issue with us. Yuki was great - very, very helpful and pleasant. She prepared a great continental breakfast that we really enjoyed. Best of all, when I found out I left a watch there, she mailed it promptly back. We would return here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KimberlyGM
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We chose this mainly because it was close to the airport. Our stay was really too short to appreciate this accommodation fully.

The B&B is a large modern house set in its own grounds. Our "room" had a large bedroom, a lounge and an en-suite with spa bath. Chinese/Japanese themed.

Breakfast was a pleasant continental offering.

Free wi-fi worked.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Enjoyed our 3 nights at this lovely B&B. Gracious hosts made us welcome and we enjoyed the extra space in our room with a separate sitting room and kitchenette. The B&B stands in its own grounds off the road, and is not far from the airport which suited us perfectly. The room was very quiet and we slept well, and enjoyed the continental breakfast and chatting to other couples staying there. You do need a car if staying here, as there is not much within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pam255103
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This rather large home is set in very beautiful gardens.It is close to the airport yet quite.It is an easy 25 minute bus ride into the city.Our flight did not arrive until midnight but we were met at the airport by the managers husband but there is a charge of $20 for late pick up.Our room was a good size and open up onto the beautiful garden.The breakfast was continental and feel it could be improved by offering a spread other than jam and real orange juice should be served.The B&B is run by a young Chinese couple,their uncle built the house 20 years ago for his family and then decided to turn it into a B&B.The couple are extremely nice and helpful.Would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple