“Fantastic way to see Christchurch, with a fantastic guide!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 89 Tours in Christchurch
Brisbane
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fantastic way to see Christchurch, with a fantastic guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

I have previously done a Segway tour of Paris, so it may have been a bit much to expect more from this tour, but Graeme the friendly tour guide outdid the Paris tour! The tour started in a park in the city centre where Graeme was a very patient teacher. Segway's are easy to use and extremely intuitive. I can guarantee just about anyone can ride one given a few minutes training.
The tour I was on was a nice small group of 5 people which made it very intimate, and gave us plenty of opportunities to ask questions. Graeme was a Christchurch local, and was very knowledgeable.
We then went out of the CBD into the suburbs, through some beautiful parks and spectacular gardens. There was plenty of opportunities to take photos, and Graeme helped out with a few group shots.
I was incredibly impressed with the whole tour, Graeme as our guide, and the bargain price! I can't recommend this highly tour highly enough. My only warning is that after you ride a Segway, you'll want to buy one!

christchurch
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome fun on 2 wheels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

We are from Christchurch and were given a 1 hour Segway Experience voucher as a Christmas present. We didn't really know what to expect and were blown away by how much fun it was! Graeme (the guide) was professional, friendly, humorous and very knowledgeable. It started with a demo on how to ride and we were given plenty of time to practice (the practice doesn't cut into your actual tour time). Even though we have lived in Christchurch our whole lives, we learnt lots and found it very interesting. I found riding the Segway quite tricky at first but once I had the hang of it and had built up my confidence (which took about 5 mins of just playing around with it) I was zooming along. Graeme was great at teaching us how to ride and how to go over bumps etc. Take your camera and a jersey! We thoroughly enjoyed our Segway Experience

Tailem Bend
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great way to see Christchurch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

Had a few hours spare before catching our flight back home, so we decided to see Christchurch on a Segway - what a hoot. We saw some wonderful sites, beautiful gardens and learnt a lot about Christchurch along with way. Thoroughly recommend it!

greater manchester
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun way to see the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

This is a great way to see the city from a different perspective. None of us had "segwayed" before but after a training and safety briefing we set off through the streets and parks of Christchurch. As we were only in Christchurch for the day as part of a cruise stop, this trip gave us the opportunity to see far more than we would normally have done. Graeme is a knowledgeable guide and we learnt a lot about the city, but at the same time it's great fun. Highly recommended.