“Beautiful Place To Stay”
Review of City Centre Motel

City Centre Motel
Ranked #26 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just had 3 wonderful days in Christchurch New Zealand.Our stay was made so much better by choosing to stay at the City Centre Motel,beaut rooms,beds,service second to none.Will return on the final leg of our journey and hope other motel properties we visit on our stay can match the excellent qualities of this establishment.

Room Tip: All rooms are set back from the road and peace and tranquility is superb.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan L
There are newer reviews for City Centre Motel

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at this motel since it was any easy walk from the Intercity bus stop, the city center and the botanical gardens. The place was clean and comfortable with a full kitchen. It could use an updating. The room was spacious and quiet. As a solo female traveler, I felt safe. The bathroom had an odd smell. The shower is part of the bathroom and does have a curtain but no step in or out. I did not realize until after the shower that it was not draining properly and when the curtain was reopened after my shower I found a flood of water all over the entire bathroom floor. The water had headed out under the bathroom door and onto the carpet. It was a mess and every available towel was grabbed to try to sop up the water. The woman at the desk (maybe the owner, not sure) apologized and I was moved to a different room. This woman was very friendly and helpful but always smelled of alcohol. There was laundry on site but not in the room which I did not use. No breakfast was provided. The room was adequate but the place could use some updating and the drainage issue was quite the mess. I would recommend early booking since there are limited rooms in Christchurch since the earthquake. There is a small dairy (grocery) store a few blocks away.

Room Tip: Book early since rooms at Christchurch are limited since the earthquake
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank travmama
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed only two nights as we were really on our way to the Trans-Alpine. Perhaps we could've stayed at a fancier place but Tina's place meets all your needs. We arrived late and she had thoughtfully switched the lamps on and left the milk in the fridge and some biscuits! The second evening we wanted to get to a shop and she offered use of her car. Very friendly lady. Ample towels and toiletries. Good hot shower.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Priss58
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I can recommend this motel whole-heartedly. Tina was lovely, allowing us to check in early after our long flight, and took the time to talk us through the map of the city. She also recommended a great Italian restaurant called Venuti, a few minutes walk down Colombo street. She also has a beautiful and very friendly cat! The room was clean, tidy, and spacious, with all the facilities we needed, and even with a bottle of fresh milk for our tea.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Very central, very quiet - no street noise. Nice TV's. Friendly reception lady. I would stay here again. Ice in Freezer, hotel nice and clean. I had no parking issues, heaps of parks for guests. Close to eateries(with car)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cameron4611
Reviewed April 13, 2013

It was such a delight to be met by a lovely smiling lady who not only introduced herself by name, but also shook our hands! Including the teenagers!
We stayed in a two bedroom apartment and the teen was amazed to find that he got his own king sized bed too! Kitchen and bathroom were spotless.
As this was a full apartment with cooking facilities it would really suit a family staying in the city. I dont think one night really does it justice.
The spa bath was bliss to sink into. I only wish I'd had some bubble bath.
We were given real milk when we checked in as well as a copy of that days newspaper. And we had a copy of the next days one left on our doorstep. So often recently I have been told a paper would be delivered to my door in the morning, only to be let down.
Well done City Centre Motel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I arrived on a late flight from Melbourne and arrived to find a note on the reception door telling me that my room was ready, door unlocked and lights on, milk in the fridge. Mary and Tina are lovely proprietors, the room was clean and spacious, on-site laundry was a big plus. You can easily walk to the CBD red zone and nearby restaurants. Good price and well recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to reception probably have better wifi reception. I had room 17 which is at the back, b...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business