“Good Mexican and nice place”
Review of Flying Burrito Brothers - CLOSED

Flying Burrito Brothers
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2013

For me the "Gold Standard" for Mexican is almost any Mexican restaurant actually in New Mexico (other than the "fast food" chains). Outside of New Mexico, the Flying Burrito Brothers holds up very well with many others, not only in other countries, but also better than many of the local Mexican here in my home state. I love to try the local take on Mexican style in our travels. This was quite good. Quite tasty. Very fast service especially for a Saturday night. Good size portions. Fair prices. We were so impressed, the family all ordered desserts, which was rare on this trip. I am particular about flan, and this was prepared well. Would return for sure.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

After our first Flying Burrito Brother experience in Wellington we couldn't wait to give the Christchurch restaurant a try and we were not disappointed. Amazing food, wonderful service and the best marguerita I've had in a while. Only wish someone would take on the franchise in Dunedin! Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had to book an early table, good sign this place is popular. Service was great, food was flavourful and plentiful. Good kids options incl drink, corn chips, main meal and ice cream for only $14. For the grown ups lots of beverages to choose from, meal sizes are generous and all were reasonably priced. Will will definitely be back. Yum!

1  Thank lucjay2
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I went with my partner for the very first time and we were pleasantly surprised with the food- we normally get indian or thai so this was a very nice change. I got the 'little bit of everything' which was a fish taco, holy mole chicken enchilada and quesidilla de queso which was flat bread with black beans salsa avocado sourcream and salad. It was extremely fulling and I got finish even half of it. The holey mole was my favourite as it was different from anything I had tried. My partner got the smoked chipotle chicken burrito and again it was a good serving and very delicious. The atmophere was a bit crowded though and where we were seating put us in the way of many people walking past so id recommend asking for a more private table. plus my seat was broken and I felt like it was going to break. But overall it was a excellent meal and excellent service.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

First time I have visited this restaurant,have always wanted to.I have heard a lot of good things about this place and was not let down.Great taste and a great atmosphere wonderful service.
A huge menu something for everyone