“Great in a fix!”

Belmont on Harewood
Ranked #5 of 138 Christchurch B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 11, 2012

On a recent trip to Christchurch our flight was changed, we landed too late to pick up our camper van. Alan was woken at 1:30am to see if they had a room, he stated they did and then promptly picked us up from the airport, delivering us to his beautiful home and in particular our boutique/colonial style bedroom, where we were made to feel very welcome. The super king bed, was also a drawing card and did not disappoint. In the morning we were greeted to a gorgeous breakfast, which Alan and Jan enjoyed with us, making the experience that little more homely. Alan then drove us directly to our camper van company and gave us directions for touring the city. Nothing was ever a problem, the Taylor's are fantastic ambassadors of Christchurch and are amazing people. Highly recommend the Belmont B and B to anyone traveling to NZ.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
belmontonharewood, Owner at Belmont on Harewood, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Thanks for the great review. The staff at the Christchurch I Site have a habit of finding nice people who are in need of a good sleep and they call us. It was a pleasure to meet you all and in a small way, welcome you to NZ and set you off with some extra tips to enhance your experience. You are very welcome to come again and we would love to be able to care for you with a god sleep and a hearty breakfast to start you off.

Travel safely.
regards Alan

Reviewed November 18, 2012

very good bed and. breakfast, clean and tidy! buffet breakfast with a wide selection, fresh coffee! perfect service, Alan took us on the last day to the airport.
It was a Great Stay!!
Anytime again!!!!
I come back to New zeeland :-)

• Stayed: October 2012

Thanks for the great review. Jan and I really enjoy hosting nice people in our home and when we meet people like you guy's, it is very easy and enjoyable to share our space and take care of you.

Travel safely and hopefully, one day, we meet again.

Regards Alan

Reviewed October 29, 2012

From the first contact I was greeted warmly and with every endeavour to meet my needs... A large bed was organised for the only room available for our 5 night stay, a desk also added for my husband to be able to work in private. Fab breakfasts, lovely greeting on arriving back 'home' each day. Finally the airport pick up and drop off with Alan taking care of us with genuine kindness and a big hug. We heartily recommend Jan and Alan Taylor's delightful B&B.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely, our final night was awesome in the Platinum Room, with wonderful full size spa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hi Eileen and Mark, sorry for the slow response to your great review. Jan and I loved meeting you guy's. It was great to be able to assist you in supporting our local people out there doing stressful earthquake recovery work. I am glad that we were able to be part of your plan.
Thanks for choosing us and I am pleased we were able to meet you needs and help you enjoy the stay.

Please be welcome to come again.

Regards Alan

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was the last night before going back home to Israel, and we really didn't expect anything, after 2 beautiful weeks of being in NZ... Howeve we were surprised by the warm welcome, the beautiful house, efficient transport-servise we got, and above all- the pleasant evening we spent with Alan and anpther 2 guest, talking about things that we love, things that bother us, and more...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
janalbelmont, Owner at Belmont on Harewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Hi Nirit,
thank you for the kind words. It was great to share our home with you guys and it was equally enjoyable to sit and discuss the world and its differences with a diverse group of nice people.

I hope this and following years are good for you both and the chance to travel comes to you again soon.
Take care and go well.

Regards Alan and Jan

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Nothing was too much trouble for Alan. He picked me up at the airport, and took me into his home. He fed me breakfast, and while I was out at dinner, came at said that if I wanted a ride after dinner, he would pick me up. The amenities were nothing short of what you would expect from a man who takes such pride in what he does. A gem and a pleasure to stay there. I will be again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Hi Ian, thanks for the words of praise. Sharing our home with nice people like you is a pleasure and its equally a pleasure to try and make your stay both comfortable and memorable.

Christchurch has heaps to offer despite the earthquake damage of the past and getting the chance to help show it off in its new light is both interesting and fun.

Take care and I hope this and following years are good for you.

We would love to see you again and provide that safe and comfortable home you enjoyed here with us.

Go well.

regards Alan and Jan

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Me and my wife Taeko got to Christchurch after midnight and had the pleasure of staying at the Belmont one night in the begining of july/12.
Alan take us at the airport.
The house is very beautiful and comfortable.
The breakfest was realy good with fruits, juice, cheese, etc and the talking was agreeable. Unfortunately, because of work matters we stayed for only one night.
We totally recomend the place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Tom and Taeko,
sorry to be so long is responding to you kind words relating to your stay with us.

Thanks very much for taking the time ro comment on your stay at Belmont on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your effort.

Our late pickup service from the airport is a great way to make a difference for guests such as yourselves and one I enjoy offering. I am happy we were able to add some extra value to your time in NZ and hope that we one day may see you again and be able to add to your trip.

Take care and go well.

Regards Alan and Jan

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Belmont for a week while my house was being repaired. Jan and Alan are marvelous hosts, very friendly and welcoming. The house itself is truly amazing. It is heartwarming to see this wonderful Victorian mansion being so well preserved. The thirteen foot ceilings, crystal chandeliers and stained glass windows are something to behold! This is the best B&B I have ever stayed at. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Platinum room. It was so big it was like having my own house.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
janalbelmont, Owner at Belmont on Harewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Hi J, Belmont on Harewood has been a haven to families and travellers for over a hundred years and to be here to help you through the trauma of the rebuild issues that you have been facing was our pleasure. I am pleased we could help and give you a feeling, albeit temporarily, of being in 'your' home.
Thanks for the kind words, they are appreciated.

Good luck to your l and bubs for the future.

Go well.