“Great Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed June 14, 2014

2nd time I have stayed here...
First time was before the earthquake..
Overnighted here last week ... check in was painless and simple.
The room was modern and tidy.
The bed was very comfortable and slept like a baby
The staff were helpful, the bar and resturant were great.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
RendezvousCHC, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Hi 'Otagopete'

Great to hear you are a return customer! Thanks for the review and look forward seeing you next time.

Brad Watts

Write a ReviewReviews (2,029)

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I would not rave about this hotel. While it was ok it was not great and I prefer staying at The Grange B&B when in Christchurch. It is new so rooms nicely decorated. BUT terrible terrible noise in each room due to the way the air con vents are set up. Five of us stayed so five rooms, each with the same TERRIBLE problem of unreasonable loud noise coming from within the air con vent. It reminded me of the noise some elevator shafts make when the lift goes up and down. It is an obvious fault of some sort with the design of this new hotel.

The location is not nice either with it in the construction ghost town part of Christchurch old CBD. I personally did not have a great sleep or enjoy being in a high rise in Christchurch (having been in Christchurch in the Feb 2011 earthquake I just didn't feel safe). I see no reason to want to ever stay here again as there are much better options in Christchurch - I normally stay at The Grange - much better location & set up.

The staff were nice - the room service staff particularly. The food also was good.

1  Thank 70HT

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. I am sorry to hear that there were some aspects of your stay that you did not enjoy. We have not had complaints about our air conditioning making this noise previously so will have our engineer look into this to see if there was a fault. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The hotel is situated in the city centre and while this area is part of the ongoing rebuild, we do have many operational attractions right on our door step for guests to enjoy such as New Regent Street, Cathedral Junction and the Tram. I am glad you enjoyed the food and service we provided.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

the first time I stayed at the Rendezvous Hotel I thought I was going to hate it. I always used to stay at a different hotel when I visited Christchurch but since the earthquake the hotel I stayed in did not exist anymore. I loved the Rendezvous Hotel. The staff is friendly, accommodating and always willing to help. The hotel is within walking distance from the city centre and main attractions. this hotel have now become my "go to hotel" whenever I visit Christchurch!

Room Tip: pay the extra $25 per night to get in room wifi, breakfast and ironing of a shirt. well worth the m...
1  Thank DebMac_10

Hi there,

Thank you for the excellent feedback and glad to hear we have become your 'preferred' accommodation in Christchurch! Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel is situated in the middle of this lovely city, and signs of the recent devastation abound.
However the attractions are beginning to reappear, with the iconic city centre tram running outside the hotel again. There is a short walk to the beautiful park and rivers, the accomodation
is very clean and well kept whilst the staff are helpful and friendly, go there and help the cause!

Room Tip: room at front and high for best view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Steve W

Dear Steve,

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay! You are correct, Christchurch is on the mend and we are very close to the already operating attractions in the city. Appreciate the time you took to write this review.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

The hotel is well located near the centre of what remains of the city. The staff were helpful. The room was clean well appointed nice decor etc. Not large, but not cramped. Good view. All very new and clean looking. The lifts might have been a bit slow during busy periods. Dining room appeared small for a hotel of this size, but there was never a problem finding a table for breakfast. Valet parking was fine. The business centre had free access to computers with internet connection and printers.
Happy to stay there again. There was nothing lacking in a reasonably attractive hotel. I would not be looking for anything better

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful feedback. It is very much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed the room and the service we provided. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Brad Watts.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The rooms are very good and most have a good view of what remains of the city, whichever part of the hotel your room is located in. This hotel may seem like it's in the middle of nowhere but that's not true, Within a few minutes' walk you are right in the heart of the city, Hagley Park, the casino and restaurants on one end and the other end leads you to the cardboard cathedral and the 185 empty chairs memorial. Just across the hotel is the famously rebuilt New Regent Street, which is a very happening and vibrant street with cafes, restaurants and of course, shopping. Staff at the hotel are very nice and ready to help you out. I would stay here again when in Christchurch.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
bbwatts, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Hi Sheila
Thankyou for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. My team and I are delighted that you had such a positive experience when you stayed with us and explored the surround prescient.

We look forward to welcoming back in the near future

Many thanks
General manager

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed at the Rendezvous for two nights (at start and end of trip) in April this year. It was central, clean and all up lovely place to stay. Free wifi in the lobby which was great. Customer service was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this to anyone. As a solo female traveller I really felt comfortable at this hotel. Oh - and I found the bed super comfy!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo