“Poor food, service is poor, forget it.”
Review of The China Kitchen

The China Kitchen
Ranked #190 of 1,119 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family-owned restaurant featuring fresh Chinese cuisine. Dine in or takeaway. BYO (wine only) and fully licensed.
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Disappointment with my experience here.

I ordered duck stir fry and their dumplings.
Duck stir fry was too salty, didn't have decent duck pieces. Just lots of duck fat and skin. I had to sort it out from the rest. Which wasn't hard as a lot of it was just skin, fat and off cuts. $20-$29 for a plate of this disaster.

Dumplings were undercooked, and when asked for vinegar, I got soy sauce. I asked again for vinegar, and by that time, my dumplings were cold. I had to explain I ordered 6 chicken dumplings and 6 pork dumplings. They didn't come at the same time, and I waited 15 minutes for the next 6 dumplings.

Family owned restaurant are usually my favourites, because they care, they listen and usually look after their customers. I saw the female owner yell and argue with a customer telling him that he needed to be patient and they were very busy. Well, I'm sorry, I guess I won't come to your restaurant, so you WON'T be busy and you won't have money flowing to your cash registers.

Idiot!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

pleasant service and prompt two very full customers my only complaint is with myself as I still cant use chopsticks so will visit u again after I have practiced as I will learn this thanks for a lovely meal

1  Thank sanandtone
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had yet another fabulous meal at China Kitchen. Fantastic friendly service, great choice of delicious food and reasonable prices. Always consistently great. Love eating there.

1  Thank Lesley S
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The China Kitchen is a busy, extremely delicious restaurant serving great Chinese food. Every time I have been, the place is packed and the take away section is always busy, but the food is fast and plentiful, the wait staff are friendly and efficient. During one visit the entire restaurant sang happy birthday to a celebrating patron and that sums it up very well. Diners come here and have a good time

3  Thank Donoco
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Great fresh food at reasonable prices. One of our favourite chinese restaurants still standing in Christchurch