“What a great place to stay”

Amross Court Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 144 Hotels in Christchurch
Hamilton, New Zealand
“What a great place to stay”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Great motel in good location with well appointed spacious room with comfortable bed and very friendly and helpful hosts. Will stay again next time we are in Christchurch and would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Would highly recommend a stay at the Amross!!!...VERY comfortable beds, clean and tidy and nice and quiet. We stayed with a 1 year old and very accommodating providing a portacot (without us even asking) and portacot sheets. Friendly staff and a lovely little dog our daughter loved!!! Convenient location only 5 minutes walk from town 10/10.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Everything about this motel and the rooms ,equipment and wonderful staff simply could not be beaten
We stayed for 3 nights and stupidly left valuable item behind in a cupboard but received an immediate e mail and safe keeping. Such attention and honesty is very rare these days

As for the complaint about poor sleep due to light only an idiot could miss the fact that there are clearly both black out linings and beautifull sheer curtains.
The thought that has gone into equipping rooms and the lovely decor is a great credit to the lovely managment couple

Cannot recomend the motel highly enough

Room Tip: some rooms are up a flight of stairs so if you need ground floor unit ask for it
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I use to like coming here but things have changed. I got told on arrival that if I had rung and booked I would of got the room for $135 but as I had booked through there web site it was going to cost me $145.00, ("and I could pay $145 if I liked")makes no sense.I got charged $145.00 in the morning and thought oh well, they must need it more than me.

I travel alot and its easier to just book via the net, than to ring someone and book that way.

I think some Motels/Hotels in CHCH think they can just behave how they want as there is a room shortage after the earthquakes, and I think this place couldnt care less if I came back or not as there rooms will always be full. Sad

In the future I think I'll find a new regular in CHCH.

Room Tip: Book via phone
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bruce R, Owner at Amross Court Motor Lodge, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
It is hard to help people sometimes.
This guest arrives for a 4th stay and we offer him a Corporate rate if he rings for his bookings in future.
We went out of our way to give him the same room that he liked in the past at his request and he says "we don't care". Suddenly we go from 5 circles a year ago to 2 circles and Christchurch has a problem.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I can't think of one thing wrong with Amross Court. It's positioning couldn't be better as it is right on the edge of the rebuilding CBD, with suburban shops to it's north and plenty of eating options within easy walk. The rooms are a good size and extremely clean and the beds are comfortable. It was very good value for money and Bruce and Sue's friendly and helpful service was nothing short of excellent.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Bruce and Sue run a top motor lodge. We had a most enjoyable last night in Christchurch at Amross Court. The location is very good indeed, the rooms has all the comforts of home and made for a easy transition back to our home in Melbourne. We would recommend Amross Court without hesitation.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed here the night we flew into Christchurch. We were looking for something simple and affordable and this ticked all the boxes. We had to lug our suitcases up a flight of stairs which was my only complaint. Lucky for me my husband took care of that

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple