“Always perfect”
Review of Strawberry Fare

Strawberry Fare
Ranked #1 of 17 Dessert in Christchurch
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have been dining at strawberry fare for many years and it's always on point! Beautiful mains and even better desserts!

There are newer reviews for Strawberry Fare

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We came here for dessert after dining elsewhere. Originally in another Christchurch location before the earthquakes, this was the first time I had visited for several years.
Busy but we were able to sit at a pleasant "bar" overlooking the upstairs tables. The service was professionally attentive without being at all intrusive. My friend had Tiramisu which is one of his usual requests and was highly complimentary about it. I ordered the "Velvet Pillows" - banana slices with masses of whipped cream between two divinely soft light sponges and surrounded with a caramelly orange sauce. A shame I had previously had 2 courses elsewhere because this was so generous and delicious that the "food babies" were overindulged. Strawberry Fare began as a dessert place and it clearly is continuing its tradition well. Recommended unless you really are on a diet.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Their dessert is always perfect! I would die for their ultimate chocolate dessert.. Melting in my mouth and heaven for chocolate lover..

I've tried all of their desserts and my favourite is the ultimate chocolate dessert.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

If it's consistent dependability you're looking for in a restaurant, it would be difficult to beat Strawberry Fare. This has become a regular breakfasting place for us and we always find a warm welcome from staff, a relaxed atmosphere and top-quality food. My wife almost always goes for the delicious pancakes - light and fluffy in texture, with crispy bacon and seasonal fruit with maple syrup of just the right consistency. Sadly, being diabetic, I have to by-pass this delectable offering, but found the traditional bacon, eggs and tomato made a great substitute. Being offered a free coffee was a bonus - they were experimenting with a new process for decaf and wanted our opinion. Tasted pretty good to us! Well done, Strawberry Fare!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This restaurant is close to Hagley Park. The menu is various and they also have great selection of local wine. I cannot remember the brand, but the sauvignon blanc they served is really worth to try. I had smoke salmon for the appetizer and local steak for the main course. The ingredients were fresh and the taste met the standard of fine dining. However, this restaurant is in two stories building. I sat downstairs and I got difficulties to get waitress’ attention as most of them were upstairs.