“Death by Chocolate!”
Review of Strawberry Fare

Strawberry Fare
Ranked #1 of 19 Dessert in Christchurch
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This place was recommended by our motel owner as having the best desserts in town, along with excellent New Zealand cuisine. Listening to local knowledge, we ventured one evening for a dinner and dessert service.
Even though the food was yummy, it looked like it was mainly for desserts. There were people who had reserved places, just to have desserts, which meant that the food service is quite slow. It took over 35 minutes for the mains to arrive, but apart from that, it is an excellent venue.
Our personal experience is, even though the food is excellent, I don’t think its worth the wait, and more so, the desserts are so deliciously good, it is worth to visit this place after your dinner else where – shame though, as their lamb was splendid.
If I were ever back in Christchurch, would definitely visit this place just for the desserts.
Death by Chocolate!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Have been to Strawberry fare many times, go after most meals out in Christchurch! I am boring and always have the caramel hazelnut torte.....but it's incredible. Very odd experience there recently though. When my desert was received I found that the icecream that comes with the tart was a scoop of ice....obviously the icecream had been allowed to melt and been refrozen. Although this is not something I would usually complain about, at $18 for a piece of tart I expect the icecream it comes with to be perfect. I had had a spoonfull of the tart by the time I noticed and had cut off another piece. I complained to the waiter who looked puzzled with my issue but bought me a brand new desert. Unfortunately the icecream on this next plate was the same. I eventually got the waiters attention and he took away my plate. He quickly returned with another plate, but oddly this was my original plate with the spoonful of tart missing and the cut off piece of tart removed and the original melted icecream scraped off the top of the tart and a new scoop of not icy icecream put on. I was so relieved to finally have my desert as all my friends had finished and I was quite embarrassed in front of everyone, that I just got on and ate it. I didn't mind getting my original tart back in terms of quantity, but it just seemed very odd, slightly man handled and the tart was cold by this point as it had been sat around for quite a while whilst i got the waiters attention.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Dined here last night, the restaurant was very busy, meal was exceptional, most of us tried the beef fillet or fish of the day, all very happy with presentation and most importantly taste. "They nailed the beef fillet." Well done to the team we cant see in the kitchen.
Drinks were a little slow but we had a lovely waitress that provided the best service she could in a busy environment.
Next time were going to go for wine and dessert only, the deserts looked amazing.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We have eaten at Strawberry Fare many times now and the food is always SO delicious... Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner - you can't go wrong. The service is a bit "hit and miss" sometimes very efficient and friendly but sometimes not. The food is consistently good though and I will keep going back!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We went twice to Strawberry Fare, the first time we both had fish of the day which was well prepared and presented, the second time the fillet steak which was melt in your mouth! The deserts are a speciality worth trying.