Christchurch TOP 10 Holiday Park
  • Pool
Airways Motel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
$73
Hotels.com
Argyle on the Park(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
$83
Merivale Manor(Christchurch)
$100
$96
Hotwire.com
All reviewspowered sitejumping pillowgames roomkozy kiwiheated pooldrive thrutent sitesnorthlands mallbedroom motel unitmotor homea large shopping centregreat facilitiessouth islandclean facilitiesshared facilitiescamper vanself contained
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here on the last day of our holiday and from the beginning I really liked it. The pool was very nice and warm and also had a slide. There was lots of fun free activities for the kids including a playground, jumping pillow, very big slides and climbing frames and even a TV lounge and games room.

The facilities I thought were very clean and the staff were very nice. I enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: I don't know what the rooms are like because we stayed in a camper-van.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Jag96, Manager at Christchurch TOP 10 Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thanks for your wonderful feedback.
We are a very popular option for families with children - happy kids - happy parents!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Booked here for final night of our holiday just looking for a cheap place to rest our heads - Unfortunately I didn't read the fine detail until it was too late.
A Base price of NZD$78 for a 'Deluxe Standard' Cabin became first NZ$119 when we added two more adults (like a couple would need a two bedroom cabin anyway!) and then became NZ$146 when the NZ$9 per bed Sheets and towels were added.
And when you add it up $146 is a lot for a basic cabin with no bathroom, no kitchen and no running water - We would have been better off in a motel.
On the positive side the beds were pretty comfortable.

Room Tip: Look very carefully to see what is included in your particular package before committing to a booking
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Albywon

I am really pleased your bed was comfortable.
Our prices are listed with the base tariff for the first 2 people then there is an additional charge for additional children or adults. It is a fairly common practice to list prices in this manner. I am guessing that all our self-contained options and Motels were fully booked, so hence why you had a budget cabin. Hope you will give us another try, phone us and make a booking, we would be only too happy to explain the options and prices for your family.
Yours truly,

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We needed a mobile home spot for the night when in Christchurch - and the Top 10 Holiday Park served the purpose wonderfully. With a warm indoor pool, cafeteria, kitchen, great bathrooms and showers, and vending machines galore, the campsite has all you need and more. A recommendation: try the 45 second chips, as they are quick, delicious, and great for entertaining the children. With pedal cars great for the young and old, nobody will be bored if you go to this camp ground when in Christchurch. Take your tent, mobile home, or caravan - or stay in a luxurious cabin. Although we booked a few hours before we arrived and still got a spot, it is probably wise to book a bit beforehand.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank spaboyonholiday

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes, it is wise to make a reservation, esp. during the summer. It is gearing up to be a fairly busy year in Christchurch - a forward booking will increase your chances of getting what you want!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

And that purpose was to provide me with a campervan parking space, electricity and water, all without a problem. I was travelling alone, no kids and no interest in play areas, swimming pools, broken seats or any of the other complaints here. I stayed here for 2 nights on arrival at the end of October 2012, pre-booked, and I had no qualms about returning at the end of my holiday for the last 3 nights without a booking. The reception staff were good on both occasions.

The only facility I used was the showers and toilets on my return visit. They were very clean and presentable. I have to admit a tinge of excitement at coming across my first fries vending machine [or chips to give it the correct English term]. Friends were keen to see the picture that I sent them.

A claim of 6 minutes walk to the shopping mall by an earlier reviewer - maybe if you're a gazelle with a leopard on its tail. It can take 3 or 4 minutes waiting just to cross the road. 15 minutes is a more realistic figure for the less athletic people.

I have no complaints about the price. They advertise it on their website. It's your choice if you want to pay that price for the convenience of a 10 minute drive to the town centre, or pay less for somewhere further away. It suited me well as a base for day trips in to town and the surrounding areas.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MichaelE-England

Thank you for your humour and newsy review.
Your gazelle take on the walk to the shopping centre has been noted:) -it is just one bus stop away! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was our first stop on our New Zealand trip, and the room was awful. It made us concerned for the rest of our bookings, but thankfully this was the worst place we stayed. The room was tiny and was the only one that didn't even have a fridge. There were a lot of groups there and they were banging on doors and racing around until approximately 3am. With 3 small children already jet lagged, this was not a great start to the trip. However the children's playground was the best one of all our top 10 stays.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Gee, you didn't get off to a good start wth your holiday. I would guess that we were heavily booked when you arrived and did not have any self-contained units available, as we do have many different types of units with fridges.
We are usually pleasantly surprised at the quietness of the Park late at night, esp. when you consider how many people are staying with us. We ask for complete silence after 11pm and have a manager on call throughout the night, who is available to remind a rowdy guest they must keep the noise right down after 11.

Yours truly,